Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dinner Tonight With John Scott Reed aka Fabson


It is a beautiful morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

 After I post this update for you loyal and faithful readers I will spend the rest of the afternoon just walking and wandering, probably somewhere in the Upper Eastside, an area that I have virtually overlooked since I moved from Midtown East to Hell’s Kitchen three years ago.

I will start this posting with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

RANGOON, about a family of Indian immigrants attempting to deal with the seductions of American life==>B.

It has an interesting but not totally compelling story line that takes a last minute twist that no one, and I mean no one, sees coming. I also had a bit of a  problem understanding some of the Indian argot.

Having said this, I still think that it is decent theater and is worth seeing as an example of how “others” view the American lifestyle.

When the show was over I came back to PHC and watched the last game of the YANKEES/ANGELS series. The Yankees won this one in a 6-5 nail biter, avoiding being swept.

The Yankees gave Ivan Nova an early 5-1 lead which he promptly squandered, yet he ultimately got credit for the win. Oh ... and Bomber batters still had problems getting crucial hits with runners in scoring position.

The Yankees have today off as they travel to Detroit to begin a 3-game series with the Tigers.

Tonight I will meet up with John Scott Reed aka Fabson for dinner and face time in his East Village ‘hood. 

Fabson is treating me to dinner as a birthday gift. 

Yeah, I know ... Billi Pod’s birthday was back in April but we have had difficulty in meshing our schedules. Since he is picking up the tab we will probably eat at either KFC or Arby’s. Just kidding ... I know it's gonna be at a nice place.

I want to close this posting with a major shout-out to Joe O’Keefe, part of the Concierge staff at 420 W. 42nd Street, who is retiring today.

Joe is a really nice guy and is very funny, especially when it comes to my infatuation with the Yankees. Yesterday I gave Joe the Yankee cap as a retirement gift.

Billi Pod says==>goodbye Joe, enjoy your retirement, you have earned it. Gonna miss you!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: