Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Jew Grows In Brooklyn==>See It!!

Good morning all of my loyal and faithful readers.

Let’s start this posting off with Billi Pod’s report card on A JEW GROWS IN BROOKLYN, about the life of a uniquely talented American-born child of Holocaust survivors==>B+

It was a very enjoyable evening and the writer/performer, Jake Ehrenreich, is extremely talented. My only quibble is that, in my humble opinion, there is way too much bantering between the performer and the audience. It grows old quickly and almost gets out of hand at one point.


Yes, the show is “Jewish-oriented” but you don’t have to be a Jew to become immersed in the family history and its impact on Ehrenreich’s life and his life-choices.

So ... Billi Pod says==>SEE IT. It runs through May 12th.

On the baseball world==>I am sooooooo happy to report that yesterday Mo announced that he will return to The Yankees for another season after he recovers from the surgery to repair his ACL injury. Whew!!

Also, last night The Bronx Bombers broke their losing streak and won 6-2 behind an excellent 8-inning performance from our ace CC Sabathia.

 Today is an entertainment doubleheader for Billi Pod ...

 2:00==>NATIONAL FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall - “The program is: Vivaldi’s “Gloria” and Mozart’s “Regina Coeli.” (complimentary ticket).


Of course, I have no clue where my comp. seat will be but no matter because the sound is wonderful in Carnegie Hall, regardless of where you are seated. Totally unlike Avery Fisher Hall.

Then for tonight ...




7:30==>TAKE TEN - NATIONAL MFA PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL - “Six ten-minute plays take you an journey from an uber-cool music store, through a jail where twin brothers re-connect, to a college admissions office where a wacky mother attempts to gain her son admission
through any means possible.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)

This is playing at a theater on my block and I am really looking forward to the show(s).

I will close this posting with a response to several emails ... yes ... I know that I said earlier that I would share my thoughts on the upcoming Tony Awards and also post my entertainment stats for the month of April ... sorry ... just had other things and stuff to do and on my mind ... they will be shared shortly ... I promise ...

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: