Sunday, May 20, 2012

Billi Pod Had A Scary Moment

OK, my loyal and faithful readers I know that I didn’t post yesterday and for that I am sorry. Please forgive me because I have no legitimate excuse ... none ... so ... let’s move on to ... 

Had a really scary moment last night as I was walking back to the apartment following my evening’s entertainment event, HARVEY - more about the show later.



I tripped and went tumbling forward through the air. OMFG!

My life literally went flashing through my head because this is every senior citizen’s worst nightmare. I was able to turn to my right side and then came crashing down. OMFG!! 

I was immediately surrounded by people who reached down and helped me to my feet and walked me back to the sidewalk. They were very concerned.

My right elbow and right knee were already sore and my left upper thigh ached but, luckily, nothing else seemed to be hurt. I assured everyone that I was OK and then I slowly limped the 1/2 block back to the apartment.

When I got back I found out that I had no other injuries, so I put band-aids on my elbow and knee and started icing the thigh which had begun to get really uncomfortable. Took a couple of extra-strength Tylenol.

Later I was able to go to sleep at the usual 2:00am without any problems. This morning I am a bit stiff and the left thigh is very sore but other than that I am OK, Thank God!!

Folks, this is something that could have been much much worse and I consider myself to be very very lucky. Thank You God!!

Now, with your permission I will make up for the missed posting yesterday by first giving you Billi Pod’s report cards on ... 

MEDIEVAL PLAY, about two French mercenary knights on a quest for moral redemption==>B+

It is raucous, profane and in-your-face, which is my kinda humor. The first act is 1:40 and I estimate that about 25% of the audience left at intermission. The show is 3 hours and that is way too long, however, it is still worth seeing IMHO.

Yesterday afternoon Billi Pod was at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, for game two of the Interleague series against The Cincinnati Reds.

The weather was awesome. Too bad the game wasn’t. We lost 6-5 as our 9th inning rally fell one run short. Ivan Nova was on the mound for The Bronx Bombers and he got knocked around, giving up 5 runs in 6 innings. He also struck out a career-high 12 batters, go figure.

This was my 10th game of the season and their record for those games is 5 wins and 5 losses and Billi Pod ain’t happy about that ... no he ain’t.

When the game was over I had plenty of time to make it back to PHC, shower again, have a small fruit and cheese plate and then head out to the theater to meet my friend Marty Kosarik for our show ... 

HARVEY - “The charming and kind Elwood Dowd has only one character flaw - an unwavering friendship with a six-foot-tall, invisible white rabbit named Harvey.” (Broadway - discounted ticket)

This show earns a solid A on Billi Pod’s report card (Marty suggested an A+). It is so well performed and staged. Yes, it is dated but it holds up well. What a stellar cast.

Starring in the role of Elwood is Jim Parsons the two-time Emmy Award winner for The Big Bang Theory and he is excellent.

Our seats were in the rear of the upper balcony, next to last row from the top, but no matter ... the location didn’t detract a bit from the show. Now, the small and cramped seating was another matter, but ... what can you do?

Oh ... as a side note ... eons ago I made my community theatre debut at Bartow Performing Arts Council in the role of Dr. William Chumley.

Folks, I highly recommend this show and I think it is going to be very favorably reviewed. Get your tickets now.

OK ... now you are up-to-date about the past ... so what about today, Sunday, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ...

Will stay in for the early part of the afternoon to watch game 3 of the YANKEES/CINCINNATI series, with our ace CC Sabathia on the mound, and then ...

5:00==>UNCENSORED - “The teenage members of the MCC Youth Company perform their own original monologues and scenes to articulate their hopes, fears and dream.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This group is also called THE KEEN TEENS and I have seen them perform the past two years and it is really an interesting theater experience, so I am looking forward to this show. And, thankfully, it is playing at a theater on my block.

So, my loyal and faithful readers ... you are now up-to-date. I hope the rest of your weekend in fun.

OMG!! The weather is awesome. I should be out walking and wandering but ... the left leg is too stiff to give it a try ... dammit ... Oh well ... 

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: