Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Another Excellent Concert

I am pleased to report to you loyal and faithful readers that last night’s FREIBURG BAROQUE ORCHESTRA concert at Alice Tully Hall was, as I expected, totally enjoyable. My comp. ticket was excellent, row T.

I have to admit that it took my ears awhile to become attuned to the baroque sound/style, but once they did==>AWESOME!! Each of the 4 works were 20 minutes in length.


After the concert was over I walked back to the apartment, listening to the YANKEES/ORIOLES game on my now ancient Walkman. Dammit==>we lost 7-1

Phil Hughes was barfy again and he wasn’t helped by less-than-stellar defense and dead bats.

Today’s entertainment event is ...

7:05==>YANKEES/ORIOLES @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built. Ivan Nova will be on the mound for the Bombers. It is predicted to be 55º at game time with a 30% chance of rain. My new seat location may get its first bad-weather test. We will see.

In closing ...

The Tony nominations have just been announced and I will give you Billi Pod’s thoughts and comments in tomorrow’s posting, along with the stats for the month of April.

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”





No comments: