Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Billi Pod Says==>See UN PLUGGED IN.


Good afternoon everyone.

The picture is, of course, of Alex aka Army Guy and my darling great-granddaughter Saylor, taken in Columbia, SC, on May 28th.










Man, they grow quickly, don’t they?


I will now give you loyal and faithful readers Billi Pod’s report cards on yesterday’s doubleheader, which was a mixed-bag ... first ...


UN PLUGGED IN, the story of three 20-something New Yorkers dealing with their diverse needs to connect, disconnect and determine who they really are==>A-.

Terrific acting with a compelling story line that explores friendship, love and identity with many twists and unexpected turns.

I didn’t particularly like the final scene but no matter because this is a very interesting work and Billi Pod says==> SEE IT!!


The show was over at 8:40 so I had plenty of time for a quick pit stop and then a walk over to 45th Street for my second show of the doubleheader, SPIEGELWORLD: EMPIRE.

As soon as I picked up my ticket it began to rain but I was able to find a semi-dry place under an overhang. That was good luck because they didn’t open the doors for the 9:30 show until 9:40. People were really getting upset. Once we got inside and seated the show didn’t start until 10:00.

The venue for this show has been specially constructed on a vacant lot and is styled after the tent of a traveling circus. The seating is in the round, on folding chairs and is very cramped and pretty uncomfortable.

My report card on the show, which features acrobatic performers==>C.

Yes, I was majorly disappointed, to put it mildly. It is basically a scaled down version of Cirque Du Soleil with nothing special - seen it all before. The performers seemed to be tired and less than 100% involved.

Thankfully, when the show was finally over at 11:30 it had stopped raining. I came back to PHC for the second disappointing aspect of the evening, which was ...

The Wankies losing again to the LA Angels by a score of 5-1. Andy Pettitte just didn’t have it, despite the favorable spin attempted by the YES broadcasters. And ... guess what ... we couldn’t get crucial hits with runners in scoring position yet again, going a woeful 3 for 11.

The Wankies will attempt to avoid a sweep this evening with Ivan Nova on the mound.

Today’s entertainment for Billi Pod is ...

7:30==>RANGOON - “A funny and tragic story about a family of Indian immigrants who must deal with the seductions of American life, while trying to keep its heritage alive.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This is the world premiere of the show and it is playing at a theater on my block.

I will close this posting with a major shout-out to my dear friend Ginger Flowers of Atlanta, GA, who is, I think, celebrating a major milestone today. CONGRATULATIONS!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: