Monday, May 21, 2012

Billi Pod Is Feeling Fine!!


On this gray and overcast Back To Work Monday in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, Billi Pod is happy to report to all of you loyal and faithful readers that he feels fine. The only residual effects from Saturday’s fall are some bruises that are healing and still a little soreness in the upper left thigh. WHEW!!

Yesterday I was able to get out and about without any problems just walking and walking up and down stairs etc. Another WHEW!!

Thanks for all of the emails, texts, posts and phone calls. I really appreciate the time that so many of you took.

Now ... let’s move on to other more important things like ...

Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

UNCENSORED, performed by the teenage members of the MCC Youth Company about their hopes, fears and dreams==>B+.

It was well performed, thoughtful and often extremely profane. Lots of humor too. I liked it a lot.

I need to make a correction. In yesterday’s posting I made reference to the fact that MCC Youth Company was also called THE KEEN TEENS. Well, that was a mistake. They are two separate groups but both were performing at the same date and time at the Theater Row complex. My bad!

Today, being Monday, is Billi Pod’s errands and stuff day, which, unfortunately will be mostly postponed until tomorrow due to the nasty-ass weather.

Today’s entertainment event is ...

7:05==>YANKEES/KANSAS CITY @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, weather permitting - rain is in the forecast - and I am certainly glad that my new seat is protected by an overhang.

Yesterday afternoon The Bronx Bummers lost 5-2, the 5th loss in 6 games as our ace, CC Sabathia, imploded in the 7th inning by walking in what turned out to be the winning run. Barf!! Glad I wasn’t there.

There is a lot of mumbling and grumbling now in the local papers as the beat writers and columnists are becoming very uneasy about what the rest of the season may hold.

The headline of Bill Madden’s column in the Daily News:

“It might not be too early to put out a Red alert.”

All of this means that Billi Pod isn’t alone in his concerns that the remainder of the season could turn out to be a mind-numbing fiasco. I hope I am 100% wrong, but this is the gut feeling that I have. 

Come on Bronx Bombers==>prove me wrong!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: