Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Over The Moon Concert==>BLAH!


Well, my loyal and faithful readers, I hate to report this but ... I found last night’s OVER THE MOON CONCERT, hosted by Edie Falco and celebrating the release of the Over The Moon CD, to be disappointing ... in fact it was just BLAH!!

It all began a bit iffy because there was a rather long wait outside the theater once I picked up my comp. ticket. Luckily I connected with 3 of my theater-nut friends - Dian, Vera and Kim, and that helped pass the time. It began to very lightly rain but that wasn’t a huge problem because Kim and I had umbrellas that kept us all basically dry.

It was general admission seating but we were able to get decent seats. Once we got seated, however, we had about  a 40 minute wait until the program finally began.

Frankly, I was expecting performances of Broadway lullabies but instead it was only tracks from the CD. Now this is my fault, of course, but none-the-less, this is what I was looking forward to.

My trouble with the program was: (1) there was way-too-much time spent thanking people who I had never heard of;   and, (2) almost all of the songs basically sounded alike==>very bland.

The performers were OK but no one blew the roof off the theater. The show lasted for 90 minutes and, honestly, I felt BLAH when it was finally over.

After the show I found out that my friends and seat mates Dian, Vera and Kim were also disappointed. Oh well ... 

What about today, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ...

At the moment I have no entertainment event booked for this evening in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World ... but ... never fear ... something will show up, that I am certain of ... 

Hey ... I could even give myself a night off and stay in and watch the first game of the YANKEES/TAMPA BAY series with Ivan Nova on the mound for The Bronx Bombers ... or ... whatever ... just remember ...

Billi Pod has lots and lots of options ... so just stay tuned ...

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: