Monday, May 28, 2012

WE MUST NEVER FORGET!!


Yes, my loyal and faithful readers==>we must NEVER EVER FORGET the sacrifices made to protect and preserve this great Country of ours!!

I am extremely proud that: my father, William Sr., served in the Navy during World War II; I, William Jr., served in the Army as a member of the Counter-Intelligence Corps; and, as you know, my oldest grandson, Alex, aka Army guy, an Apache helicopter pilot, has just returned home from a tour of duty in Iraq and then Kuwait.

WE MUST NEVER EVER FORGET!!

It was a beautiful morning in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, and there was no way that I could stay in the apartment during the afternoon, which explains to you why this posting is somewhat delayed. Yes, after I posted on my FaceBook Wall I spent the rest of the afternoon just wandering around Midtown and the Upper Westside of Manhattan.

It felt great, it really did.

I am, obviously, back in PHC and will now try to bring you loyal and faithful readers out there in the boondocks, hinterlands and wastelands up-to-date.

Let’s start with Billi Pod’s report cards on yesterday’s entertainment  doubleheader ... first ... 

MIRACLE ON SOUTH DIVISION STREET, about how a deathbed confession undermines a cherished family legend==>B+.

It has an excellent cast with a believable and involving story line. The 80 minute running time, obviously without intermission, flies by. See it.

I am happy to report that the asshole box office manager/house manager/whatever wasn’t on duty and that was great.

When the show was over I had time for my usual fruit and cheese plate and then it was time to head down to Chelsea for my second entertainment event ...

CHIMICHANGAS AND ZOLOFT, about the interaction between two mega-dysfunctional families==>C.

I really wanted to like it more but, folks, it has totally unbelievable and unlikeable characters with a cliché ridden story line that actually makes a joke out of the phrase “mega-dysfunctional family.”

I can, however, see how it may appeal to “certain” people ... so ... Billi Pod says==>see it at your own risk.

Moving on ... 

Wow!! The Bronx Bombers won, 2-0, their 5th straight game with a stellar performance from Hiroki Kuroda. Mark Teixeira’s bat remains hot as he went 2 for 4, driving in 1 run.

Tonight @ 9:05pm The Yankees open a 3-game series with the LA Angels with Phil Hughes (4-5) on the mound against their ace Jered Weaver (6-1). This should be a nail-biting series.

What about tonight’s entertainment event you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, I have to admit that just a few minutes ago I canceled Billi Pod’s reservation (and comp. ticket) to a concert at Avery Fisher Hall by the Distinguished Concerts Orchestra and Chorus? WTF!! Why???

Well ... it’s pretty simple ... I just felt like giving Billi Pod the night off ... so after I post this I will head back outside and walk and wander for another hour or so and then come back to PHC and watch the YANKEES/ANGELS game. 

In closing ...

WE MUST NEVER EVER FORGET!!

Bill

No comments: