Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Is Another Doubleheader


Had a wonderful time last night with John Scott Reed aka Fabson @ Dallas BBQ in the East Village. The weather was awesome so we sat outside where we could feel the energy of the “happening” East Village scene.

We started off with a terrific fried onion loaf that set the tone of the evening. I had their ribs and chicken platter and it was scrumptious. This was Scott’s birthday gift to moi.

We did a lot of catching-up and I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers that Scott has a lot going on in his life, all of it super-positive.

It was a great evening so ... Billi Pod says==>Thank You Fabson!!

I spent most of Thursday afternoon walking and wandering. I didn’t go to the Upper Eastside as planned, rather it was down to The Village. I picked up a ticket to a show for Friday night and then wandered my way back to 420 W. 42nd Street. It really felt good to be out and about.

Billi Pod has a doubleheader for tonight, which is a bit unusual for a Friday. Here’s how it begins ...

7:30==>TRIBES - “A look into the workings of an intellectual family, whose members include a deaf son who falls in love with a woman who is losing her hearing.” (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

I am finally getting to see this multi-award winning show @ The Barrow Street Theater in The Village. I have been waiting a long time for it to appear on TDF and it finally did.

The show runs 2:15, with an intermission. When it is over I will stay in the area because my second show is also at the same venue and it is ... 

10:30==>TJ & DAVE - “One hour of unscripted long-form improv.” (Off Broadway - discounted ticket).

These guys are part of Chicago’s Second City and I have seen them perform several times and they are unbelievably talented and gut-busting funny.

They will be in the City for only the weekend, so I couldn’t pass this up.

Yeah ... I have to say that Billi Pod is mega-charged about this doubleheader, which is yet another example of why he loves living in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

Have just compiled the entertainment stats for the month of May 2012 and they will be shared with you loyal and faithful readers in a separate posting later on today ... I promise ... they are f**king awesome!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: