Saturday, June 2, 2012

Yesterday==>AWESOME Doubleheader!!


Good morning everyone!!

Yes, I know my loyal and faithful readers, there is that word==>AWESOME<==again and I admit that it shows up way-too-often in this blog but ... honestly ... please ... withhold your judgment until after you read all of today’s blog ... beginning with Billi Pod’s report cards on the two entertainment events he attended yesterday ... beginning with ...


TRIBES, about a quirky but intellectual family whose members include a deaf son, who falls in love with a woman who is losing her hearing==>A+.

There’s so much going on in this show that it is almost overwhelming: intellect and sentiment, love and cruelty, witty zingers and biting put-downs. But, when it is over you leave the theater is awe of what you have just witnessed.

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers, it worthy of all of the rave reviews it has received. It is theater at its best.

Incredible cast and acting with remarkable staging in the round. Yes, it has a very troubling story line but, trust me on this, it is definitely==>A MUST SEE!!

The show was over around 9:40 and my second show in the same venue didn’t start until 10:30, so I spent the time just wandering around The Village listening to the YANKEES/DETROIT baseball game.

The Yankees won 9-4 on a grand slam by Curtis Granderson and  journeyman pitching from our ace CC Sabathia. Game 2 of the series is tonight @ 7:05 with Hiroki Kuroda (4-6) on the mound for The Bronx Bombers.

And while we are talking about baseball==>major kudos go out to Met’s pitcher Johan Santana who last night pitched a no-hitter against the Cardinals. It was the first no-hitter in the history of the Met’s franchise.

Anyway ... back on topic which is the second entertainment event for last night ... 

TJ & DAVE, the Second City improv. team==>A.

It was gut busting funny. They are so talented and they had the sold-out house roaring with laughter from the moment they took the stage. The hour flew by. I am soooooooo glad I saw it.

It was midnight when I got back to PHC and I was starving. Luckily I had some pizza waiting in the ‘fridge.

So, my loyal and faithful readers, I hope you will agree with Billi Pod's assessment that yesterday’s doubleheader was indeed AWESOME ... but it is your call because ... as you know ...

I report - you decide.

Today’s schedule (thus far) is ...

2:15==>THE HUNCHBACK VARIATIONS - “A hilarious and melancholy panel discussion between Quasimodo, the hunchback of Notre Dame, and Ludwig van Beethoven, the composer, on their attempt to create the mysterious sound effect called for in Anton Chekov's The Cherry Orchard.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

Hey ... I ain’t making this up. It is playing at the 59th Street Theater Complex, one of Billi Pod’s favorite venues.

Still working on what I will do for the evening, but not to worry out there in the hinterlands, boondocks and wilderness ... you know that Billi Pod has many many options ... so ...

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.” 

No comments: