Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weather?? Going To Brooklyn?? WTF??


Man, what is it with the weather here in The Big Apple? WTF!! I mean ... it was only 52º at 8:00am this morning and it is the 5th of June. WTF!! 

Add to that ... it was also very very windy, making it extremely unpleasant as I braved the elements this morning for two doctor’s appointments, both on the far Eastside.

Thankfully both of them, eye and heart, were routine procedures and everything is in good condition in both regards.

It is now 1:30pm and it is still very windy but the temperature has risen to 61º. Oh well ... nothing I can do about it except bitch and moan ... but ... WTF!!


Anyway ... moving on ... which brings me to last night’s entertainment event, the staged reading of FORECLOSURE, about two couples struggling to balance friendship and crossing the line in a Southern California neighborhood ravaged by foreclosure.”

As I posted yesterday, the reading was directed by my FaceBook friend David Lee. What I failed to mention is that another FaceBook friend, Kenny Howard, was a part of the producing team.

The theater was filled to capacity with what appeared to me to be mostly theater-industry related/involved folks.

I thought that the story line was very interesting and the show was well-performed by an extremely talented cast.

Now ... I want to be very candid and open about the following (hopefully not pissing anyone off) but ... frankly ... the final scene totally turned me off. Based on some comments I overheard in the elevator after the show I don’t think I was the only one who found the final moments of the show to be “creepy.”

Having said that ... I still believe the show is production-worthy and hope that it finds the necessary backers.

Billi Pod’s entertainment event for this evening is ... 

7:30==>THE CARETAKER - “A pair of working-class brothers allow a homeless man to stay in their decrepit London flat, an act of compassion that sparks a cycle of cruelties, delusions, and shifting loyalties in a desperate struggle over territory. (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

Starring in this show is Tony and Olivier Award winner Jonathan Pryce.

It is playing at the BAM Theater in ... gasp ... Brooklyn ... gasp ... yes ... that is right ... Billi Pod is going over to Brooklyn and plans to go a bit early so he can just walk and wander in the theater’s ‘hood. Also, Billi Pod is seeing this show despite a totally negative review by his theater-buddy Marty Kosarik, who reported that he fled at intermission.

So, my loyal and faithful readers ... please pray for my safe return from “out there” ... please.

Tonight at 7:05pm The Yankees begin their 3 game home series with The Rays, who are leading the highly competitive AL East and it will be Andy Pettitte (2-2) vs. James Shields (6-3).

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: