Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Number 1,000==>AWESOME!!


Good morning all of my loyal and faithful readers. 

Today is indeed a milestone for Billi Pod Blogs==>this posting, number 160 for 2012, will be the 1,000th since I created the blog back on Sunday, April 6, 2008.

AWESOME!!

I want to share with you an excerpt from the first posting ...
 *****************
Well, I Have Finally Joined the Blog Generation

WOW!! After all of the years of writing first timely and then less timely newsletters about my activities in The Big Apple, beginning in the summer of 1995, I am finally taking the big cyberspace step and have just created my own blog. WOW!!

I have a lot to learn about the creative process and I know I will make many missteps along the way, so to those of you who will join me for this new adventure - please have patience and understanding.
*******************
The postings by the year are as follows:

2008 - 166
2009 - 112
2010 - 201
2011 - 361 
2012 - 160 (to date)

The blog website started collecting stats on the number of page views about 18 months ago and Billi Pod Blogs should reach the 30,000 mark sometime in the next week. They do not count the number of times the blogger visits his own site.

AWESOME!!

Now, to get back on message ... I know you are breathlessly awaiting my report on yesterday’s journey to the far-distant region of the City of New York, known at The Borough of Brooklyn. Well ... in the name of fair and unbiased reporting ...

I was warned about THE CARETAKER, about a pair of working-class brothers who allow a homeless man to stay in their decrepit London flat, and I chose to ignore it. This was a HUGE mistake.

I found this early Pinter play to be totally incomprehensible and, like my friend Marty Kosarik had done earlier in the run, I fled at intermission. From where I was seated Jonathan Pryce was barely understandable (and I had the usual hearing device too) and why, oh why, is the set so far upstage and away from the audience? It was not a fun or entertaining time, to put it mildly.

On a positive note==>I did enjoy walking and wandering the BAM ‘hood for about 90 minutes before show time, and I made it back to Manhattan with no trouble from either the border patrol or passport control.

Today, thankfully, the weather is back to normal for this time of the year and this is good because Billi Pod has an entertainment doubleheader scheduled. First is ...

2:00==>JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR -  “The revival of the Andrew Lloyd Webber rock musical which tells the story of the last weeks of Christ's life, basically from the viewpoint of Judas Iscariot.” (Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This will be my second time seeing this revival. I love the music so I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see it again, with a complimentary ticket.

After the show I will come back to the apartment, have my usual fruit and cheese plate, put on my Yankee gear and then head out to The Bronx for ...

7:05==>YANKEES/RAYS in game 2 of the series with Ivan Nova (6-2) vs. Alex Cobb (2-3). 

Last night the Bombers kicked butt winning 7-0 behind a stellar performance from Andy Pettitte and a grand slam from Russell Martin.

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: