Saturday, June 23, 2012

FOOD AND FADWA==>A


Yes ... the jury found that scumbag pervert Jerry Sandusky guilty on 45 of 48 counts, meaning he will spend the rest of his rotten life in prison.

When he finally dies, hopefully at age 102, I know that his soul will burn in HELL for all of eternity!!

Moving on now to more positive things ... like Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ... 


FOOD AND FADWA, about a Palestinian family fighting to celebrate love, joy and hope while living in Bethlehem==>A

Without a doubt this show earns its rave reviews with an engrossing story line and excellent acting, especially from the co-author Lameece Issaq in the lead role of Fadwa Faranesh.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting I have to admit that most of the hundreds of cooking references sailed over my head, but that didn’t keep me from becoming totally involved with the story and Fadwa and her family.

I am so glad I finally saw it.

This afternoon’s entertainment event for Billi Pod is a 3-peat ...

3:00==>SILENCE! THE MUSICAL - “Campy, raunchy and mounted on the cheap, this tuneful parody of 'The Silence of the Lambs’ is sweet, tangy and very tasty.” (Off Broadway - discounted ticket).

I first saw this gut-busting funny show on September 10, 2011 at its original venue, Under St. Marks Place, and totally loved it, giving it an A+.

It moved to a new venue, PS 122, and I saw it on November 3, 2011 and loved it even more because the running time had been tightened up a bit.

So ... I am totally looking forward to seeing it again this afternoon in a 3-peat.

As I am writing this posting I am also trying to finalize plans to meet up with Dian Crystal aka My Lady for an early bite after my show, probably someplace down in the East Village area.

Unless something extra special shows up on one of my ticket services my current plans are to come on back to PHC and watch game 2 of the YANKEES/METS subway series from Citi Field in Queens.

Hey ... don’t be too judgmental. Yes ... I know it is a Saturday night in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World ... but remember my loyal and faithful readers ... as a retiree, every night is a Saturday night for Billi Pod.

Last night the Mets beat The Yankees 6-4 and earned a bit of revenge for the recent sweep at Yankee Stadium. Andy Pettitte just didn’t have it ... and, yes ... we hit the long ball, but again came up short with runners in scoring position, a flaw that has cursed us all season.

Tonight it will be Ivan Nova (9-2) for the Yankees vs. Chris Young (1-1) for The Mets.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.86 miles

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: