Sunday, June 24, 2012

SILENCE! THE MUSICAL==>A+

I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers that Billi Pod’s third visit to SILENCE! THE MUSICAL, the campy and raunchy musical parody of 'The Silence of the Lambs’ was as much fun as the previous two visits==>A+.

This is the same grade that it received the first two times. I loved it and it was just what I was in the mood for on what was a beautiful afternoon in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

When the show was over I met up with Dian Crystal aka My Lady for an early bite in The East Village. I had left the choice of food and where totally up to her, my only no-no was sushi.


Guess what? She chose another Ethiopian Restaurant, this one named AWASH, located on East 6th Street in The East Village. You know, for whatever reason I don’t think AWASH is the best name for any restaurant, regardless of the food-type, but what do I know.

Anyway, it was around 5:00pm when we were seated and there were only two other tables in use. Dian had been there before so I left the menu choice up to her and she chose the Vegetarian Plate, which was basically what we had at the restaurant where we dined earlier in the week, in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

Actually, it was a good choice and the food was very tasty and filling too. I enjoyed it a lot.

When dinner was over we split. Dian had a show in the East Village and I had planned to stay in to watch game two of the YANKEES/METS subway series. I walked back to PHC and it felt really good. There was a nice breeze.

OK ... about the game ... well, Ivan Nova was on the mound for The Bronx Bombers and he had a shaky outing, not helped by critical errors from Jeter and A-Rod.

The Mets were cruising along with a 3-0 lead going into the top of the 7th inning. Frankly, Billi Pod was thinking to himself ... self, sometimes you are an asshole, you should be at the theater rather than sitting in front of this f**king TV on a Saturday night. Then ...

Wham, bam, thank you Ma’am ... The Bronx Bombers scored 4 runs on homers from utility players Raul Ibanez (who??) and Eric Chavez (who??). Yes, it was the long ball yet again.

Both Dave Robertson and Rafael Soriano pitched into and out of trouble and The Yankees held on to win 4-3. YES!! You see self ... Billi Pod usually makes good choices/decisions.

The final game of the subway series will be @ 8:05pm tonight on ESPN with our ace CC Sabathia (9-3) on the mound vs. their ace R.A. Dickey (11-1). Of course, Billi Pod will stay in PHC for this pitcher’s duel.

OK, got stuff to do before I meet some folks in Chelsea to watch the 2012 GAY PRIDE PARADE ... so ... have a great rest of the weekend everyone.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.30 miles

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: