Friday, June 22, 2012

Murder In The First==>Still An A!!


Yes, it is hot of here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, but guys and gals, stop your bitching and moaning because, as a person who was born and raised in Central Florida, Billi Pod has gotta tell you==>you don’t know shit about hot weather. These have just been routine Florida-type summer days.

So ... just get over it OK ... move on ...  case closed ... so saith Billi Pod.

My entertainment event for last night was a revisit to MURDER IN THE FIRST, about the 1940s murder trial that ultimately led to the closing of Alcatraz==>A.

This is the same grade it received when Billi Pod saw it in early previews back on May 25th and this is what he said back then ...
************
“The play is extremely well performed and the cast is superior, especially Chad Kimball as Willie Moore, the inmate who was “forgotten” in solitary confinement for over 3 years. When he is released from solitary confinement he almost immediately murders a fellow inmate. 

Guy Burnet makes his New York debut in the role of Henry Davidson, the young and idealistic Public Defender who represents and also bonds with Willie. He is outstanding and very believable.

Of course, as a retired Judge, I have to state, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, that many “liberties” are taken in what transpires in the courtroom scenes, but no matter, because the whole production is engrossing, at times funny and extremely thought-provoking.

The show is in very early previews so I believe it will be tightened up because the 2:30 running time, with one intermission, is a bit too long.

I think the critics are going to like this show and I have added it to Billi Pod’s MUST SEE list.”
********************
Well, first of all, the show received basically rave reviews from the critics with an especially favorable one from The New York Times.

Secondly, it now clocks in at 2:15, with one intermission, and this is a major plus.

Thirdly ... you theater-buffs here in the Tri-State area have got to see this show at the 59th Street Theatre Complex before its final performance on July 1.

Yes, Billi Pod Says==SEE IT!!

When the show was over I walked back to PHC, a distance of 1.8 miles as shown on my newly acquired Pedometer.

And speaking of the Pedometer ... for a while I am going to record the total number of miles I walk on a daily basis, which will include walking around the apartment and stuff like that. I will keep the Pedometer with me for the entire day/evening and the mileage for the previous day will be reported at the end of the blog.

Why am I doing this you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, I know that I am very active on a daily basis and I just want to record, for my own information, how active I have been.

So, for your information and enlightenment, yesterday’s mileage was==>3.35 miles.

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

8:00==>FOOD AND FADWA - “Set in Bethlehem, this new play melds the 
fight a Palestinian family wages to hold onto its traditional culture with its 
need to celebrate love, joy and hope.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

Most of my theater buddies, including Dian Crystal aka My Lady, highly recommend this show. It closes on Sunday so I am glad I am finally getting to see it.

Tonight @ 7:05 at Citi Field in Queens The Yankees will play the first game of the 3-game subway series against the revenge-seeking Mets. It will be Andy Pettitte (3-2) vs. Jon Niese (4-3).

The BIG game will be on Sunday @ 8:05pm, carried by ESPN, when it will be our ace CC Sabathia (9-3) vs. their ace and currently the most dominant pitcher in MLB, the knuckle ball throwing R.A. Dickey (11-1). I will stay in and watch this game you can be certain of that.

Thursday's Pedometer mileage==>3.35 miles

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: