Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yeah==>I Know It’s Late!!


Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... you can relax a bit and stop your worrying and exchanging of emails with other loyal and faithful readers and followers ... Billi Pod is alive and well and he has a legitimate excuse for the lateness of Tuesday’s posting.

What is it, I know you are all breathlessly asking your inner selves? Well ... selves ... as I posted yesterday, I had two “routine” appointments today with my eye doctor and my heart doctor. The first was scheduled for 10:45am for the 3-month status evaluation of my optic nerve problems and the second was a “drop-in” to draw blood in preparation for my annual physical on Wednesday, February 27th.

I left the warm and cozy confines of PHC at 9:45am to head over to the eye doc’s office on East 49th Street. It had begun to very lightly rain.

My eye doctor is Dina Weintraub, who has returned to her practice after giving birth to twins 15 months ago. She is traveling down that difficult road of balancing the demands of her practice with the responsibilities of motherhood. Not easy.

She and I have a pretty long history and I really like her as a person and as a physician. She says still reads this blog.

When I got to her rather cramped waiting area it was full. And ... the wait began ... interspersed with multiple eye drops to dilate my eyes, then multiple pictures and scans ... and the wait continued.

It seems that everyone, according later to Dr. Weintraub, had issues that took longer than normal. It was 12:30pm when it was finally my turn. I have to say that it was a nice visit as we exchanged some personal stories and then got down to business. Bottom-line ... my optic nerve problem/issue remains stable. The next appointment is in 3 months.

At 1:00pm I left the office but I was still feeling the effects of the eye drops because everything was fuzzy, blurry and a bit unsettling.

My heart doctor’s office is in the Upper East Side, at East 61st Street, so I opted to walk, a distance of a little over a half mile. It was still lightly raining and ... oh ... I had forgotten to put my umbrella in my backpack. Oh well ... not sure I would have used it anyway.

When I got to my heart doctor’s office, Fred Feuerbach, I was immediately taken back by one of the nurses ... but ... OMFG!! ... then we began to play the “well, let’s try another vein game” ... WTF??? Never, ever, have I had this problem and this was the nurse who has taken my blood on numerous occasions.

When I left the office I looked like a major intravenous drug user ... not joking ... I really did. It was still lightly raining and everything still looked fuzzy and blurry.

It was 2:15pm when I opened the door to PHC. I had clocked 3.54 miles. I cranked up the ‘puter and could barely read the screen. Barf!! And ... suddenly I felt very much emotionally spent. So ... I lay down on the bed and napped for ... gasp ... about 90 minutes.

When I woke up I was starving because I hadn’t eaten anything since 10:00pm last night because the blood specimens had to be “fasting.”

Fixed a H U G E fruit and cheese plate and then settled down to fulfill my obligation to you loyal and faithful readers and followers.

It is now 6:30pm. Billi Pod has given himself the night off, so he will stay in the warm and cozy confines of PHC.

So ... in much more detail than you could ever want ... that is why this posting is late ... so ... let’s move on to Billi Pod’s report cards on Monday’s excellent entertainment doubleheader ... first ...

MY MOM IS TRYING TO RUIN MY LIFE, the musical about a young girl who finds her well-meaning mother terribly embarrassing==>totally enjoyable!!

Pretty amazing performances from an ensemble cast of mostly very young preteen actors. The lead, Emma, is played by Lauren Weintraub (hummmm ... wonder if she is related to my eye doc?) who does a simply amazing job.

The house was full, and as might be expected, with a lot of family members and friends - this just added to the positive feeling I had about the show.

It runs through March 10th and it is certainly worth seeing.

When the show was over I came back to PHC for the usual fruit and cheese plate and then it was back down to The Abingdon Theatre Complex for my second show ...

NIGHT GAMES, about a young army officer at the card table, where he goes on a life-changing hot streak before his luck (and his life) take a dramatic turn==>A-

It has an engrossing storyline with excellent performances, especially the lead, Isaac Woofter.

The play, in its World Premiere, is based on a novella by Arthur Schnitzler and is set in post-WWI Austria. It deeply involves the existing social structure and their interaction with military protocols. It was very informative.

It runs through March 6th.

Billi Pod says==>see it if you like drama and history.

Moving on ...

Obviously my eyes are somewhat better, so will post this now so that you loyal and faithful readers and followers can get back to your normal routines out there in the wilderness, hinterlands and boondocks ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.36 miles (or, 7,351 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,153.57 miles

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: