Thursday, February 14, 2013

STOMP==>Still Packs A Punch!!


Good afternoon everyone. Let’s get this posting started with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s excellent entertainment event ...

STOMP, the high-energy, percussive symphony played entirely on unconventional instruments, such as garbage can lids, buckets, brooms and sticks==>A

The incredibly talented ensemble cast had the audience enthralled during the entire 1:45 performance time. My only quibble with the show is that it feels just a bit long at 1:45, without intermission. I think about 15 minutes could/should be cut.

As I posted yesterday, I have seen this show several times but it has been at least 5 years since my last visit ... so ... almost everything in the show felt new to me.

It was a totally enjoyable time, that is for certain.

I was with my theater-buddy Marty Kosarik, who gives the show an A-.

When the show was over we had a very nice late dinner at Bareburger on 2nd Avenue in The East Village.

Marty is leaving the Big Apple this morning to spend about a month visiting family and friends in that wilderness known at West Virginia. I think he may also spend some time in Pennsylvania, wherever that is.

So, Marty ... Billi Pod says==>have a great time, wash your hands frequently, change your underwear, don’t talk to strangers, and don't pick up hitchhikers.

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall. The program is: Brahms - Piano Concerto No. 2, performed by pianist Rudolf Buchbinder; and, Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 6 “Pathetique”
(subscription series)

I definitely feel in the mood for some classical music and this program looks to be perfecto. I totally love Tchaikovsky’s “Pathetique.”

There are 13 remaining NY Phil concerts for the season, which runs through June, and I have 9 of them on my schedule.

Earlier this week I renewed my 3-series subscription (17 concerts, plus 3 freebies) for the 2013/2014 season. I also purchased tickets to The New Year’s Eve Gala and The Holiday Brass.

Moving on some more ... at 12:30pm it is sunny but cold out ... 39º ... and I am suffering from major cabin fever, so I think I will post this, dress warmly and then do some walking and wandering in my immediate ‘hood.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.78 miles (or, 8,267 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,137.91 miles 

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: