Monday, February 25, 2013

An Awesome Dinner With My Lady



Monday==>Can you believe it? It is actually a nice day outside in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World - bright and sunny and 45ยบ @ 12:30pm. Wow, almost time to break out the shorts and flip-flops.

Billi Pod hopes that each and everyone of his loyal and faithful readers and followers had a great weekend, because Billi Pod certainly did ... so let’s get right down to business with his report on what went down yesterday in his fabulous Gotham lifestyle ... beginning with ...

BUNNICULA, about whether an orphaned rabbit is possibly a vampire==>B+

Yes, it is a “kid’s” show, but there is plenty for adults to like, with a lot of topical humor. The ensemble cast is excellent and the 65 minute running time flies by.

Of course there were a lot of young kids in the audience but they all were well-behaved and really into what has happening on stage.

I had serious misgivings about this show after I booked it but I am happy to say that it was a totally enjoyable time and I am glad I took the chance and scheduled it.

Billy Pod says==>if you want a fun/happy time then see this show.

When the show was finished I walked over to Dian Crystal’s aka My Lady apartment in the Gramercy Park area. When I got there our dinner was ready ... eggplant pizza.

In the picture, my plate is the one of the right. Dian added some fresh avocado and pickled pineapple (yummy). It was great ... then ... OMFG! ... she fixed me a desert that was to die for.

She used her device known as a Yonanas to make me a frozen banana ice cream sundae, topped with hot chocolate sauce, frozen blue berries and assorted nuts. OMFG!! It was totally AWESOME, it really was ... and ... it was fat-free (virtually) and healthy.

Thank you sooooooooooo much My Lady. It was an awesome time!!

As I posted yesterday, my second scheduled entertainment event was a 7:45pm show called VGL 5’4” TOP down in The East Village. I decided I just wasn’t in the mood for it ... so ... I came on back to the warm and cozy confines of PHC to watch the Academy Award’s show.

I thought the show was OK but I had absolutely no emotional interest in the outcome of any of the categories. As is my custom, the mute button was used for every acceptance speech. 

I do think that Seth MacFarlane did an OK job as emcee.

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

8:00==>NATIONAL FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall, featuring the Los Angeles Youth Orchestra. and the University of South Florida Chamber Singers.

The program will include works by Beethoven, Brinsmead, Dichau, Forrest, and others. (complimentary ticket).

As usual, I have no clue where my comp. seat will be, but no matter because the acoustics in Carnegie Hall are terrific.

Now some sports stuff for my theater-buddy Marty Kosarik, who remains isolated somewhere in the mountains of West Virginia.

It felt good to have baseball back on the tube even though the Yankees lost their game to Toronto by a score of 2-0.

But ... and a HUGE but ... something terrible happened during the game. Our outfielder Curtis Granderson was hit by a pitch, fracturing his right forearm. He will be out for at least 10-weeks.

These are the headlines in today’s papers ...

“OUCH! Granderson breaks arm - out until May.” - front page of the Daily News

WORST PICTURE. Madden - Grandy’s broken forearm could be first scene of Yank disaster flick.” - back page of the Daily News

“GRAND PLUNK. Curtis’ broken arm has desperate Yanks searching for OF help.” - back page of the New York Post

“Broken Arm Sidetracks Granderson Move. The center fielder (and potential left fielder) will probably miss 10 weeks.” - sports section of the New York Times.

Last season Granderson hit 43 home runs and drove in 106 runs, to lead the team in both categories. His loss will greatly impact an already power-tepid starting lineup.

Oh, the drama.

In closing ... in response to several emails and texts ... yes ... in all honesty I am in a major funk about the situation regarding my expiring lease on PHC and I will soon be exploring all of my options. I am keeping my mind open to all alternatives and ... yes ... it does include packing my bags and heading back south.

Oh ... can you believe it==>by the end of this week Billi Pod Blogs will reach the 50,000 blog page views mark. AWESOME!!

The above is an alert to my friend Kim, who knows what I mean. 

On that happy note ... it is time to do a few errands and stuff ... so ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.04 miles (or, 8,828 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,173.93 miles

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: