Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Billi Pod==>Doing Remarkably Well


BREAKING NEWS==>I just returned from my annual physical with my cardiologist, Dr. Fred Feuerbach, who I have been seeing since July 2001. Everything went extremely well and this is Dr. Fred’s summary, in his own handwriting ...

“Active 79 year old, doing remarkably well. History of A-Fib. Excellent blood work. Excellent activity. BP 130/70. EKG good. 164 lbs. See in 6 months to consider reduction in meds.”

To all of this I humbly say==>Thank You My Higher Power, who I choose to call God!

I have to admit to being somewhat emotionally drained though. I mean ... one never knows how the blood work and other tests are going to play out and ... the weather when I left the cozy confines of PHC @ 9:30am for my 10:30am appointment was terrible - gray, windy, rainy and cold.

Dr. Fred’s office is in the far Eastside, so I actually logged in 2.90 miles on the roundtrip. It was 12:30pm when I opened the door to PHC.

So ...  I will attempt to fulfill my obligations to my loyal and faithful readers and followers, starting with my report on last night’s entertainment event, the soon-to-close Broadway show ...

MARY POPPINS, the story of the uptight and disconnected Banks family and the magical nanny who turns their lives upside down==>TD<==for Total Disaster.

What do I mean? Well, to begin with my seat totally sucked. It was in the rear of the upper balcony, 4 rows from the back. The seat was tight and very uncomfortable.

Plus ... or perhaps minus ... seated all around me were parents with young kids who wouldn’t stop talking, no matter how many times they were told by Mom/Dad to hush-up. They also kept kicking the back of the seats of the adults sitting in front of them. Very very annoying.

Plus ... or perhaps minus ... I had forgotten how basically boring the story line is. I just couldn't get focused.

Man, the clock stopped moving. The show’s running time is 2:45 with an intermission.

When intermission finally arrived I was outta there in a nanosecond. A lot of people were also leaving.

Oh well ... you can’t win them all and now I know why I hadn’t seen the show during its 6-year run.

Moving on ... to something very much more positive ... tonight’s entertainment event ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - “If I Loved You," "June Is Bustin' Out All Over," "You'll Never Walk Alone" — these are just a few of the many joys of the musical Time magazine called "The Best of the 20th Century." Now, in the tradition of its sold-out productions of Company and My Fair Lady, the Philharmonic and an all-star cast, including Kelli O’Hara, Nathan Gunn, Shuler Hensley, John Cullum and others present Rodgers and Hammerstein's immortal CAROUSEL. (full price ticket)

Carousel is one of my favorite musicals and I am really looking forward to this show. The advance buzz is very positive. It runs for 5 performances.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I will post this and probably take a short nap (yes, I did say ... nap ...) because I, for whatever reason, still feel emotionally drained ...

Have an awesome upcoming 11 days already booked and will write about it in tomorrow’s posting.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.07 miles (or, 6,732 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,189.01 miles

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: