Monday, February 11, 2013

Has Billi Pod Had An Epiphany?


First==>A major shout-out to Ginger Flowers, who lives in Atlanta, GA, and is celebrating her birthday today.

Ginger has lived in Atlanta longer than I care to remember. She is a retired flight attendant.

Our friendship spans decades, beginning back when we dated in high school (Summerlin Institute), in Bartow, FL. We have maintained that close relationship to this day, so ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINGER!! - Love ya lots and lots - hope we can talk a bit later on today.

On this Monday morning in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, it is nasty looking at 10:30am, fog and light rain. It is above the freezing level for the first time in almost a week and that is good because now the rain can melt the remaining snow and ice on the sidewalks. The downside side is, of course, that the crosswalks and intersections will become even slushier and more dangerous.

Hopefully the rain will let up later in the day so I can do some of my usual errands and stuff.

So ... why don’t we move on with Billi Pod’s report card on yesterday afternoon's entertainment event ...

THE MNEMONIST OF DUTCHESS COUNTY, about a campus security guard with an unlimited memory who courts a local bar owner==>C+.

Decent acting saves it from a much lower grade because it is yet another ... “I can get madder and scream louder than you” ... so-called modern day comedy/drama that seems to be the norm for today’s younger playwrights.

You know, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, the thought hit me as I was working on the draft of this posting ... OMFG!! Maybe that is what real life today is all about ... getting mad and screaming at your family and friends - saying you’re sorry - then yelling and screaming some more. Maybe Billi Pod is totally outta touch with the reality of today’s World. OMFG!! 

I thought I was happy but obviously I was just being delusional ... I mean ... if it is repeatedly on the stage here in the cultural capital of the World, it has to be true, doesn’t it? OMFG!! Now I understand ... I just thought I was almost always in a good mood and happy, when in reality ... I was just repressing my inner anger, hate and rage.

Sooooooo ... watch out family and friends, especially Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Numnutz, and John Scott Reed aka Fabson, from this point forward Billi Pod is going to let you and the World know how he really feels about everything, and he means everything, in a voice pitched just below the ear drum splitting level.

Yessssssssssssss!! Look out real world - here Billi Pod comes - no more Mr. Nice Guy!!

Now I really feel like moving on to today’s entertainment event ...

8:00==>BROADWAY BY THE YEARS: Musicals of 1937 @ Town Hall - “Featuring songs from: Babes in Arms (Rodgers & Hart), I'd Rather Be Right (Rodgers & Hart), Between the Devil (Dietz & Schwartz), Hooray For What! (Arlen & Harburg) and more!” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

These shows are usually a lot of fun although I am confident my comp. seat will be in the upper nosebleed section.

Well ... I will post this and then go downstairs to the lobby and scream at the staff for no apparent reason and see how much better it makes me feel ... so ... later ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.31 miles (or, 2,880 steps)

Mileage for the week==>14.92 miles (average 2.13 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,126.55 miles (average 5.01 miles per day)

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: