Saturday, February 23, 2013

CAPITOL STEPS==>A


Saturday==>It is a gray and gloomy morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, with rain and possibly snow forecast for the late afternoon. Not a very pleasant weekend, to say the least. And, of course, Billi Pod has the usual Saturday doubleheader, details of which will be later in this posting.

Actually, the gloom pretty much mirrors my present state-of-mind. What am I talking about I know you loyal and faithful readers and followers are asking your inner selves? Well ... inner selves ... this is what I mean ...

My 2-year lease on PHC expires on May 31st. I will have been here for 4 years, with two 2-year leases. As you loyal and faithful readers and followers may recall, the last renewal finally came about after an emotional and harrowing back-and-forth with the leasing agency. Well, in yesterday’s mail was the renewal package with ... tada ... a proposed 9.7% rent increase for a one year lease. WTF???

Yeah, and folks, trust me, that amounts to pretty big bucks. No way can I/will I agree to that, no f**king way. So ... here we go again ... it will be the same thing all over again ... a back-and-forth battle with the leasing agency while exploring other options. God, I HATE this, I really do!! Maybe Billi Pod will just say F**K IT and move back to Florida ... or ... whatever ... 

And ... to make matters more difficult from my standpoint, I was told yesterday by the staff that the building is presently 100% occupied, for the first time in 8 years. Damn.

So ... let the drama begin ...

Anyway ... moving on to Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

CAPITOL STEPS @ Town Hall, the troupe of current and former Congressional staffers==>A

All present, and immediate past, political figures were in the crosshairs of this highly talented troupe. To say that they were all skewered is to put it mildly.

It was well-performed, funny, profane, risqué, laugh producing and totally 110% enjoyable. I mean, what isn’t to like about a program that includes the following songs/skits:

Desperate Housemembers
If I Tax a Rich Man
A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to Santorum
You Can’t Hide This Biden Guy
Occupy Wall Street Journal
The Night of the Living Debt
Merry Wives of Gingrich
I’ve Grown Accustomed to My Facebook

The audience was really into this show and I left the theater with a smile on my face. It was just what Billi Pod wanted/needed.

Today is a doubleheader for Billi Pod, starting with ...
3:00==>OFF THE KING’S ROAD - “After the passing of his wife and retirement, American businessman Matt Browne takes off to his favorite city, London, for a respite in a small hotel in Chelsea, off the King's Road. Almost immediately upon arrival, Matt's world turns upside down as his seven-day stay tumbles into an unexpected voyage of self-discovery.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing downtown in The East Village.

When this show is over I will come back to PHC and have the usual fruit and cheese plate and then it will be ...

8:00==>CLIVE - “Inspired by Bertolt Brecht's inflammatory play Baal, Clive tracks a dissipated songwriter in 1990s New York City from the hedonistic heights of seduction and consumption into an ecstasy of self-destruction.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show has received very mixed reviews. It stars and is directed by Ethan Hawke and is playing in a theater on my block.

It is now 11:30am and it has begun to lightly rain ... damn ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.59 miles (or, 5,678 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,166.76 miles

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: