Tuesday, February 26, 2013

MARY POPPINS Tonight


Tuesday==>Good afternoon all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the hinterlands, boondocks and wilderness. Let’s get this posting started with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ... 
NATIONAL FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall, featuring the Los Angeles Youth Orchestra, the USF Chamber Singers, the Bonita High School Chamber Singers, with the National Festival Chorus==>Wonderful

For me the highlight of the concert was the Youth Orchestra performing movements 1 and IV from Beethoven’s Symphony No. 8.

My comp. seat was awesome, in a center second tier box. Yes, this helped me leave the concert with a nice smile on my face.

Tonight’s entertainment event is a Broadway show ...
7:00==>MARY POPPINS - “Tells the story of the uptight and disconnected Banks family and the magical nanny who turns their lives upside down.” (Broadway - discounted ticket)

This musical, playing at The New Amsterdam Theatre, is closing on March 3rd and will have played 2,619 performances since opening on November 16, 2006. According to The New York Times, the show is closing to make way for Disney's next big Broadway musical, Aladdin.

With attendance totaling nearly 4,000,000 the show has been seen by more people in the last six years than any Broadway show except Wicked and The Lion King.

Last week it took in $1,022,585 and was at 93.8% capacity.

When it showed up on one of my services with a substantial discount I decided to give it a shot. Frankly, I am at a loss to understand why Disney is closing it.

Moving on ...

Tomorrow morning @ 10:30am I will have my annual physical with my heart doc, Fred Feuerbach, so I know in advance that the posting will be delayed. I had the blood work done last week.

I don’t anticipate any problems because I have been feeling great. Of course, the worst part is ripping the thingys off my chest after the EKG is completed. Oh well, nothing I can do about it except perhaps shave my chest and I ain't gonna do that.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.01 miles (or, 6.582 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,176.94 miles

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: