Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nemo Has Come And Gone


Well, I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks that the blizzard known as “Nemo” has left the area. Good riddance!

It began to get really nasty around 6:00pm last night and pretty much continued for the remainder of the evening and into the early morning hours.

The first picture was taken at 1:28am this morning and is looking down from my 41st floor apartment to the intersection of West 42nd Street and 9th Avenue. As you can see, there is a heavy accumulation on the streets and sidewalks. The fuzziness in the picture is from the snow and fog.

Bummer!!==>In the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod must reveal that he opted not to brave the elements last night, so he skipped out on his scheduled concert, NEW AMSTERDAM SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA @ Symphony Space. Five years ago I think I would have headed out, without a doubt. This time age and discretion won out. Hell, I don’t even know if the concert went on as scheduled. Bummer!!


Anyway ... I opted to remain in the warm and cozy confines of PHC, but did I have to deal with a massive case of cabin fever. I watched one of my favorite movies of all times, the Mel Brooks not-politically-correct classic “Blazing Saddles,” featuring my dear friend David Huddleston in the role of Olson Johnson, The Mayor of Rock Ridge. God, I totally love this movie.

The second picture was taken at 7:30am this morning. As you can see, the streets have been pretty much cleared up but the sidewalks look pretty icy and slippery. It was 28ยบ and windy.

Oh well ... it’s now all in the past and time to move on ...

And speaking of moving on ... today will be, hopefully, an entertainment doubleheader ... first ...
3:00==>FROM WHITE PLAINS- “After a shocking announcement on international television, 30 year old Ethan Rice finds himself finally having to confront who he was and what he did as a teenager.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This is Playing at the new Signature Theatre a 1/2 block West of my apartment. At noon I will call the box office to verify that the show is still on.

Then for this evening it will be ...

7:30==>TALLEY’S FOLLY - “Lanford Wilson’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play follows a Jewish immigrant named Matt Friedman who returns to his midwestern hometown after World War II in the hopes of rekindling his romance with nurse Sally Talley.” (Off Broadway - discounted ticket)

I will be seeing this show, hopefully, with my theater-buddies Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Numnutz.

It is approximately 3/4’s of a mile from my apartment to the theater ... so ... trust me on this ... I will leave early so I can carefully, and I mean, carefully, walk the icy sidewalks and slushy crosswalks.

And, on this happy note I will post this and work on cleaning up my sock drawer, or whatever ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.11 miles (or, 2,426 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,121.59 miles

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: