Friday, January 11, 2013

TGIF To My Worker Bee Friends


A huge TGIF shout out to all of my Worker Bee friends who are also loyal and faithful readers and followers. Yes, you have only a few more hours to spend in your cubicles, wait stations, broom closets, whatever ... but remember ... your weekend does not ... repeat ... does not ... start until at least 5:05pm ... so don’t even think about getting an early start. Don’t forget those surveillance cameras and other “security” devices that were recently installed.

Remember, too, as boring and mundane as your job is, which, of course mirrors your life and life-style, it is a job and there are thousands waiting out there, eagerly anticipating the opportunity to take your place. Also remember==>as a Worker Bee your next job will be just as mundane and boring as your present one is ... so ... you get my drift? I hope you do ... you are welcome.

Moving on then ...

Had a wonderful time last night with John Scott Reed and Bernard Lam down in Chelsea. I met them at their apartment where we did some much needed catching up and then we had an awesome dinner at a Chinese restaurant, Grand Sichuan Eastern, on 8th Avenue, across the street from The Joyce Theater.

Billi Pod Says==>GREAT BEING WITH YOU GUYS!!

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

8:00==>SPIRITS OF EXIT ELEVEN - “The darkly comic tale of a ragtag crew of outcasts struggling to keep their dignity intact and their livelihood afloat at a rundown New Jersey strip club/pizza parlor.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)

This sounds interesting although it has that dreaded phrase “darkly comic.” We will see. It is playing at a theatre on my block.

Thanks for all of the very positive feedback about yesterday’s 2012 entertainment posting. I really appreciate the emails and texts. 

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting, however, I must admit that I did make one glaring error ... I failed to mention that I had time with Stan Reed aka Stan The Man and his girlfriend Shari. I have corrected it in the blog website. Sorry ‘bout that.

I will close this posting with a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to my longtime friend and theater-buddy Dian Crystal aka My Lady.

Hope you have a great day My Lady and look forward to spending some quality time with you in the very near future. 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.52 miles (or, 11,409 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,014.06 miles

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>64.94 miles

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: