Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 Was An AWESOME Year==>Check It Out!!

Good afternoon all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the hinterlands, boondocks and wastelands ... yes ... the moment you all have been so anxiously awaiting has finally arrived ... tada ... Billi Pod’s entertainment report for 2012 is here in all of its awesomeness ...

In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that during 2012 Billi Pod attended/saw/did the following:

37 Broadway shows; 223 Off Broadway shows, plus 6 New York Fringe Festival events; 57 classical music concerts (including my 3 series subscription to the New York Philharmonic); 1 Opera (Gotterdammerung); 2 rock concerts (Roger Waters/The Wall @ Yankee Stadium and The Who); 3 movies; and, 43 Yankee baseball games (28 wins - 15 losses).

I was away from The Big Apple for only 11 nights, which included being down in Florida for the birth of my great-granddaughter Saylor Elizabeth Falletta on January 7th and for the 60th reunion of the Summerlin Institute class of 1952.

Perhaps one of the most amazing stats is the fact that during the entire year there were only 34, repeat, 34 times that I stayed in PHC without attending some entertainment event during either the day or evening. The majority of these were due to either terribly bad weather and/or some important sporting event on the tube.

This means, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, that Billi Pod remained on his frenetic Big Apple schedule of attending some entertainment event 9 out of 10 nights. Actually for you number crunchers the percentage is 90.4%. AWESOME!!!

I posted almost daily on my FaceBook Wall and 375 times on my blog, Billi Pod Blogs, which had 21,434 page views during the year and a total of 43,067 for the little over two years the website has been keeping track.

During the year in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, I was able to have time with a lot of my friends, including: John Scott Reed and Bernard Lam; Stan Reed aka Stan The Man and his girlfriend Shari; Justin Allen Pifer; Polly Mounts; Dennis Dohman and Michael Pederson; Jim and Maggie Vandewalker; Michael Rodriguez; Pat and Carolyn Stoia; John and Amanda Horne and their posse; Dian Crystal; Marty Kosarik; Vera Olichney and, of course, my AA buddies (you know who you are).

During the year Billi Pod remained a member of Dian Crystal’s posse, along with Marty, Vera and others. Thank you so much, My Lady!

When I was away from NYC I was with family and friends, including: Bill III aka The Bill; John and Kathi Bendeck; Chris Falletta aka Topher and Ashley Goebel; Buddy Campbell; Nick and Pam Sudzina, Maggie and Jim Vandewalker; John and Terry Frost; Sue Bentley; Carolyn Fulmer; Tim Strickland; Bob Young; Blanche Bryant and Cindi Eastman Beahm; and, my high school classmates and their spouses (a special shout-out goes to Jennie Swearingen Humphrey for putting up with me during the class reunion).

On March 18th I celebrated 22 years of continuous sobriety and on April 23rd turned, gasp ... 78 years old (God ... I hate being old).

On December 31st I celebrated the completion of 18 years of retirement. Yes, I am the type of retiree that drives pension actuaries insane.

Of course the highlight of the year was the birth of Saylor and the safe return of her father, my oldest grandson, Alex Falletta aka Army Guy from Iraq and then Kuwait.

Other highlights of the year included, in no particular order: attending the 60th reunion of the Summerlin Institute class of 1952; Dian Crystal giving me a WeightWatchers Pedometer; walking from Yankee Stadium back to my Manhattan apartment (7.17 miles); finally admitting I have a hearing problem, getting state-of-the-art hearing aide thingys and then wearing them as instructed; deciding to walk 1,079 miles from July 1, 2012 to my 79th birthday on April 23, 2013 and then embarking on a walking schedule; walking 969.37 miles from 7/1 to 12/31(averaging 5.54 miles per day);

and, more ...

giving up coffee in June and switching to Wu-Long Tea (premium Oolong Tea); being introduced to, and ultimately liking, Fallopian food and ... oooooops ... sorry Marty ... I meant Ethiopian food; and weighing 158 lbs. at midnight on 12/31/12 .

Yes, my health remains good and all issues are under control.

Of course, any year has its downsides, the major ones for me being the passing of my dear friend Jack Davis of Bartow, FL. and Betty Falletta of Lakeland, FL. and the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy.

And, of course ... I still dearly miss: Bill Mullon; Ray Coker; J. Papa Hall; Randy Bentley; Tom Macdonald; Marvin Mounts; David Patterson; and, Gil Goshorn.

OK, so there you have it my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... I personally think that these annual entertainment stats are pretty awesome, especially for a 78 year old guy ... but ... remember ...

I only report ... you decide.

I have just reviewed the stats again ... and all I can say is that they exemplify why Bill Norris aka Billi Pod lives in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, and why he plans to remain here for the remainder of his life.

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

PS: If I omitted any thing, event, happening, person, activity or individual==>I am sooooooooo sorry - my bad!!



No comments: