Friday, January 18, 2013

SOLDIER SONGS==>A


Friday==>it is bright and cold here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World - 27º and windy @ 11:30am.

Let’s get this TGIF posting started with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

SOLDIER SONGS, the rock-opera that explores the perceptions versus the realities of the world of a soldier==>A

This hour-long show is powerful, emotional and extremely well-performed by Christopher Burchett as the soldier and young Zac Ballard as the boy.

The unspoken horrors of war permeate the stage and the most emotional scene, to me, depicts a bereaved parent howling over a condolence letter from the President “not even signed / by human hand.” 

Yes, it was a heavy evening but I am sooooooo glad that I got to see this show. Its final performance is tonight. 

Tonight’s entertainment event sounds kinda heavy too ...

8:00==>THE RED AND THE BLACK  - “In 1828, near the French Alps, an intelligent but impoverished 19-year old young man tries to rise above his social and romantic station. Underneath his charm is rage and a sinister plot for revenge.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing at a theater in my immediate ‘hood.

Moving on ...

I am happy to report that MIDSUMMER (A Play With Music) got a very favorable review from The New York Times. 

The Times also gave IN ACTING SHAKESPEARE a “good” review but not quite a “rave.”

The reviews for CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF have been all-over-the-place, with the negative reviews especially mean to Scarlett Johansson as Maggie. Despite the mixed reviews it is still drawing an audience, having grossed $839,273 last week.

Moving on some more ...

I want to apologize to those of my loyal and faithful readers and followers who access the content of this blog via a forwarded copy of the website-generated confirmation email. Yes ... there have been way-too-many grammatical and typing errors over the past 10 days. Of course, I spell-check and do multiple proofreads but for some reason the errors have been escaping me. 

When I do catch them, after the blog has been posted, I immediately correct them on the website but no confirmation email is generated when that occurs.

So ... forgive me ... please ... I will try to do a better job in my initial editing prior to posting.

And speaking of errors and mistakes ...

Lance Armstrong and Manti Te’o==>PATHETIC LOSERS!!

Anyway ...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.33 miles (or, 11,649 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,044.89 miles

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>34.11 miles

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: