Tuesday, January 29, 2013

MISALLIANCE==>A


Tuesday==>OMFG my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... a heat wave has hit The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. Yes ... it is now 48ยบ @ 11:00am and the high’s are predicted to be in the low-50s. Time for shorts, Tees and flip-flops, without a doubt.

Got some interesting things to do soon ... so ... let’s get this posting started (it may have to be posted later in the afternoon) with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

MISALLIANCE by George Bernard Shaw, the examination of unsuitable combinations==>A

This was performed at The Players Club, a private club in Gramercy Park, and it was a staged reading, with an excellent cast. This was my first time at this landmarked venue.

The show gets off to a rather slow start but Act II is laugh-out-loud funny as Shaw skewers the English upper-class/nobility. It was a very enjoyable and entertaining event.

I saw it with my theater buddy Marty Kosarik and he also gives the performance an A.

When the show was over we decided that we would catch a bite at (fill in the blank, Marty) a restaurant on 9th Street in The East Village, so out we went. It was cold but tolerable. But, when we got to the restaurant, it had already closed. Bummer.

But ... no problemo ... Marty had another place in mind as a backup and that was a Ukrainian restaurant, Veselka, also on 9th Street. It is open 24/7.

Marty had Borscht and a large Varenyky (Pierogi) plate and I had Kielbasa with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. It was excellent.

It was a little after midnight when I got back to PHC, ending a very enjoyable evening's entertainment.

It was great being with you Marty!!

This afternoon I will meet up with my theater-buddy Dian Crystal and her posse, which will include Marty Kosarik and, in her words, “two virgins,” for a late lunch at our favorite Fallopian restaurant, Meske, located on West 47th Street in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

They will be coming from a taping of “The View,” a show Billi Pod has never seen and probably never will ... and ...

Oh ... sorry Marty ... I keep making the same mistake ... sorry my loyal and faithful readers and followers, what Billi Pod meant to say was ... “our favorite Ethiopian restaurant” ... sorry ... my bad.

Anyway ... tonight I have something very special ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - Symphonic Sondheim. “Hosted by award-winning performer Nathan Lane, the orchestra will present symphonic suites from ‘Sunday in the Park with George,’ ‘Pacific Overtures,’ ‘Passion,’ ‘Sweeney Todd,’ and others.” (full price ticket).

Yeah ... I am really looking forward to this concert and my seat is in the same location as one of my season subscriptions.

OK, now it is time to post this and then get ready to meet Dian and her posse ... so ...  

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.74 miles (or, 10,370 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,090.37 miles

GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: