Tuesday, January 15, 2013

COLLISION==>C-


Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, the heat wave in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, is now over because it is back in the mid-30s as your favorite blogger is preparing this posting. It was nice while it lasted, and as a result, yesterday I had a very good walking day - see the usual stats below.

Last night I met up with my theater-buddy Dian Crystal aka My Lady and we wandered in The West Village before picking up our tickets to our show at The Rattlestick Theatre. We hadn’t had face time since before Christmas so it was nice that we were able to do some much needed catching up.

Dian is still in the recovery process from the surgery on her right foot but she is pretty much back into her pre-surgery walking pattern, and that is very good.

I wish that I could use the word “good” about our show, COLLISION, the so-called black comedy about chance encounters between three students, a professor, and a stranger in a college dormitory at a Midwestern college, but I can’t because it was an entertainment disaster for both of us.

Yes, as usual ... the phrase “black comedy” turned out to be mostly black with little, if any, comedy. 

The puke-inducing and very uncomfortable story line, that parallels the mass-shooting tragedy at Virginia Tech back in 2007, is presented by five totally unlikeable characters.

Now, the acting is acceptable but the characters and story line just aren't.

Billi Pod’s report card==>C-. Dian gave it an even lower grade.

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers in the Tri-state==>you are warned.

Moving on ...

At the moment I haven’t anything scheduled for this evening. 

Wait ... don’t panic out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks ... if nothing of interest shows up on any of my ticket services I will catch a movie, probably LIFE OF PI.

As I said ... yesterday was a good walking day ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.67 miles (or, 14,587 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,029.55 miles

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>49.45 miles

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: