Sunday, January 6, 2013

INGENIOUS NATURE==>A


Good morning all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks. I hope that each and everyone is having a great weekend because Billi Pod certainly is up here in the frigid Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

Let’s start this Sunday report with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event, down in SoHo ...

INGENIOUS NATURE, Baba Brinkman’s new theatrical mix-tape on the science of mating==>A

This performance piece was well written and very well performed by Brinkman and his friend/sidekick/musical director Jamie Simmonds, who performs “turntablism” (this word is from the show’s website, I didn’t make it up) during the show.

It is very much in-your-face in dealing with the differences between males and females in the dating world, as “explained” by evolutionary psychology, and I know the sequences involving the role of menstruation in the mating/dating cycle was uncomfortable for some.

Having said that==>I found the entirety of the show to be very thought-provoking but also very funny and entertaining. I am glad I finally got to see it because it closes today.

I arrived at the SoHo location a bit early, picked up my ticket and then wandered around a bit, in the cold. It was very windy. By the time I got back to the theatre my nose was running like an open faucet, proof that what I had just done was D U M B!! Will Billi Pod ever learn? Answer==>probably not.

Moving on ...

Today’s entertainment event is a Broadway show in previews ...

3:00==>CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF - “This revival of Tennessee Williams 1955 Pulitzer Prize winning drama is set in the plantation home in the Mississippi Delta of Big Daddy Pollitt, a wealthy cotton tycoon, and examines the relationships among members of Big Daddy's family, primarily between his son Brick and Maggie the ‘Cat,’ Brick's wife.” (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

Heading the cast is Tony Award-winner Scarlett Johansson as Maggie and Emmy Award-winner Debra Monk as Big Mama

This show is in previews and has a running time of 2 hours and 55 minutes with two 10-minute intermissions. It opens on January 17th and its limited run ends on March 30th.

The show will let out around 6:00pm so I will probably come on back to warm and cozy PHC to spend the evening just chilling and perhaps working on the entertainment report/stats for 2012.

Like many of my fellow college football nuts I am anxiously awaiting tomorrow night’s climactic sporting event, the BCS Championship Game, Bama vs. Notre Dame.

I will, of course, be pulling for The Crimson Tide, a team avidly supported by my son Bill III aka The Bill.

ROLL TIDE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.10 miles (or, 11,163 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>995.24 miles

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>83.76 miles

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: