Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1/1/13==>HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


A HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

I hope that each and everyone had a fun, safe and sane celebration of 2012 and then the ushering in of 2013.

The New York Philharmonic’s New Year’s Eve Gala, celebrating Marvin Hamlisch, was excellent and a nice way for Billi Pod to end 2012.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting, however, I have to comment that the entire program felt a bit forced, which I attribute to the fact that it was being broadcast live on PBS stations. It started at 7:30pm and was over promptly at 9:00pm.

The conductor returned for one encore bow and then left the stage for good. The orchestra seemed to be a bit confused. After what felt like a very awkward wait they just got up and walked off stage without playing Auld Lang Syne as they have at the end of each of the 7 New Year’s Eve concerts I have attended. Weird!!

Oh well ... having said that ... I am glad that I was there.

I was back in the warm and cozy confines of PHC by 9:30pm, extracting myself from the teeming hordes of already inebriated revelers.

My plans had been to grill one of the awesome Allen Brothers steaks, along with a baked potato and grilled onions, but I just wasn’t that hungry, so instead I fixed a huge, and I mean huge, salad and settled in for the final countdown.

Watched the second half of the LSU/CLEMSON game, won by Clemson on a game-ending field goal. It was a very exciting game.

At midnight I said goodbye to 2012 and fell to my knees to thank my Higher Power, whom I choose to call God, for allowing me to welcome in 2013.

Then ... Billi Pod officially celebrated 2013 with a toast with his favorite libation==>Fresca.

It was around 2:15am when I finally crashed, thus ending an excellent day/evening.

What about today I know you all are breathlessly asking your inner selves? Well ... selves ... it is gonna be a pretty simple day/evening for Billi Pod ... tada ...

He is gonna to be a total college football couch-potato all afternoon and evening, with, hopefully, a decent walk and wander session, probably down at Penn Station.

Will close this initial 2013 posting with some detailed info about my Birthday Challenge/Adventure walking stats ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.73 miles (or, 8,159 steps)

Mileage for month of December==>145.74 miles (avg. 4.70 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>969.37 miles (avg. 5.27 miles per day) 

Total steps==>2,120,012

Mileage in storage locker==>297.77 miles (mileage accumulated over the required 3.65 miles per day average)

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>109.63 miles

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”





No comments: