Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy First Birthday To Saylor Elizabeth Falletta


YES==>HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TO SAYLOR ELIZABETH FALLETTA!!

Man, time does indeed fly by. It’s hard to believe that my darling great-granddaughter, Saylor, is now one year old. All my love goes out to her and to her parents Alex and Gina. Have a great birthday party guys ... sorry I won’t be there with you.

Moving on to Billi Pod’s report card on yesterday afternoon’s entertainment event, the Broadway revival of Tennessee Williams CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF.

Bummer!! Scarlett Johansson was out of yesterday’s matinee. She was the reason I booked this show in the first place. Nothing in the booking material suggested that she would be out for this performance. Bummer!! 

The people seated around me in the rear orchestra had all gotten their tickets via TDF, like me, and we can't get refunds or rescheduled times. Those who purchased their tickets at the box office or via Ticket Master could get refunds, however, because Scarlett is an “above the title” performer.

Unfortunately, her understudy, who was making her Broadway debut, just didn’t cut it. I couldn’t understand most of her dialogue despite having my state-of-the-art hearing aide thingys. People all around me were also complaining about this issue.

Yes, I did stay for the entire 2 hours and 55 minutes. Frankly, I had forgotten how much you dislike all of the characters, especially Big Daddy and his closeted gay and alcoholic older son Brick.

I didn’t like the appearance of the ghost of Brick’s “friend” Skipper. To me it added nothing to the show, in fact, it was a distraction IMHO.

So ... Billi Pod’s report card==>C+<==and this is giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Moving on ...

Today is Monday (as I hope most of you loyal and faithful readers and followers know) so Billi Pod has lots of errands and stuff to do. He also has a show scheduled for tonight ...

7:00==>THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF SONG: The Music of Harold Arlen - “Features Stormy Weather, Come Rain or Come Shine, Paper Moon, Accentuate-The-Positive, Lets Fall in Love, and all the much-loved tunes from that magical evergreen The Wizard of Oz.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This 80 minute show is playing at St. Luke’s Theatre. I have posted before that the box office manager there is a total asshole, so when I pick up my ticket I will take a deep breath and pray that I won’t punch him in his flabby gut. Oh ... do you get the picture ... I don’t like this piece of dog dung and he better not f**k with me. Not kidding.

Anyhow, I will be back in the warm and cozy confines of PHC in plenty of time for the highly anticipated ...

8:30==>No. 1 NOTRE DAME vs. No. 2 ALABAMA in the BCS Championship Game from Miami, carried on ESPN.

The Crimson Tide is favored by 9 1/2 points over The Fighting Irish. 

Billi Pod and Bill III aka The Bill say==>ROLL TIDE!!

In closing ... Billi Pod Blogs is approaching 44,000 blog page views and ... this is awesome ... my profile has received 10,021 views ... WOW!!

Oh, yesterday I gave myself a partial walking day off ... it was too cold to walk outdoors and I just wasn’t in the mood to walk the Port Authority and/or the subway platforms etc etc ... so ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.06 miles (or, 4,513 steps)

Mileage for week==>31.66 miles (avg. 4.52 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>997.30 miles

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>81.70 miles

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: