Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Very Happy Tuesday Everyone!!

Happy Tuesday to all of my loyal and faithful readers out there in the hinterlands and boondocks.


Yeah ... The Bronx Bombers finally get a win thanks to Ivan Nova. Glad I decided to stay in to watch it. Staying in to watch the game also helped me begin focusing on baseball again now that Spring Training is over and the regular season has begun.


What am I talking about? Well ... easy ... during the Spring Training games, if I watched, which I rarely did, I would also read a paper, do a crossword, play solitaire on my iPhone etc. etc. during the course of the game ... because ... the game(s) didn’t really matter. Now they do matter and I have to get my mindset back in order, especially since the home opener is this Friday afternoon.


I also should thank my loyal and faithful readers for keeping my secret from Mayor Mike and his Politically Correct Patrol, who would not have taken kindly to Billi Pod's failure to attend some entertainment event yesterday.

Which leads me to today’s entertainment event ... which is ... something that sounds weird as f**k ...


7:00==>TO KILL A KELPIE - “Two grown up brothers defend the children they once were, through gruesome tales of a child-devouring monster - The Kelpie.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


Yeah ... I know ... but at least the running time is only an hour, meaning ... I will have time to get back to PHC to watch most of the YANKEES/ORIOLES game.


Another potential downside ... it is playing at the theater at St. Luke’s Church on W. 46th Street and Billi Pod hates the Manager of that venue. I have commented on earlier posts that he is a 110% asshole.


I usually don’t post too much about future entertainment events but I want to share with you something that I have scheduled for tomorrow afternoon ...

2:15==>“The filming of a Daily Show interview with Herman Cain, conducted by John Oliver. A 'special guest' will also stop by.” Have no clue who the "special guest" will be.


The interview will take place downtown at The Schimmel Center For The Arts @ Pace University and they are making tickets available through 3 of my 4 ticket services in, I guess, an attempt to fill all of the seats in this rather large venue.


The taping will take 2 hours and 45 minutes and we are admonished that we MUST stay until the very end. As I remember from my time at the taping of The Daily Show several years ago, once you get in your seat you cannot leave, even for a bathroom break.


Should be fun.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-236

No comments: