Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday==> OMG WTF??

OMG WTF?? As of 1:30pm on this Tuesday in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World ... Billi Pod has no entertainment event scheduled for today. OMG WTF??


Yes, my loyal and faithful readers everywhere ... there is presently nothing on Billi Pod’s entertainment calendar for tonight. OMG WTF??


Oh ... I am rather certain “something” will show up on one of my ticket services ... but ... still ... this is really a rarity. Had kinda expected to score a ticket to see GHOST on Broadway for tonight but that hasn’t worked out.


Something will show up I am sure ... but still ... OMG WTF??


OMG WTF!!==>it is 1:50pm and I just got a text from John Scott Reed asking if I was free for dinner sometime this week. I texted back saying either Friday or tonight and ... guess what ... we are meeting up tonight at 8:00pm down in his East Village ‘hood. OMG WTF!!


Now all is well again in Billi Pod’s World==>OMG WTF!!


OK ... now I can move on with ...


Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

HA! A TRIO OF COMEDIES BY RICH ORLOFF, the 3 one-act comedic works:


OEDI - a farcical retelling of the Oedipus Rex story==>B+<==very funny.


THE NEWS FROM ST. PETERSBURG - a Chekhovian spoof set in 1905 Russia==>C<==too slow moving and not that funny.


THE WHOLE SHEBANG - what if the entire universe was just some nerd's science project?==>B+<==funny and thought-provoking too.


So I guess this will average out to==>B.


It has a terrific 5 person cast. Worth seeing but be aware that it is playing at an extremely small venue.


Well ... now that my entertainment is taken care of, I will post this and then spend the remainder of the afternoon in front of the tube watching the Yankee/Mets Spring Training game on YES!!


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-229

No comments: