Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Billi Pod Does His 78 Block Birthday Walk

 Good afternoon my loyal and faithful readers.

I am very happy to report that the weather here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, permitted Billi Pod to do his 78 Block Birthday Walk - HOORAY!!

Here are the details ...

12:30pm - leave apartment - 55º and windy.
12:38 - at subway station
12:44 - on A train headed North
12:56 - at 125th Street, walk over to Morningside Ave.
1:02 - begin walking South on Morningside - windy and kinda chilly.
1:09 - at 120th Street - continue on Morningside
1:39 - at 100th Street - walk over to Columbus Avenue and head back South
2:15 - at 78th Street
2:30 - at Lincoln Center - take a bathroom break and check email and stuff.
2:45 - head out South on 9th Avenue.
3:15 - back at 420 W. 42nd Street

Total North/South blocks - 83; estimated total mileage, including side streets etc. - 4.25 miles

Felt very good when I got back to PHC. Took a nice hot soaking bath and my legs feel great. The walk itself was fun and I took a bit longer than I ordinarily would, stopping from time to time to look at stores, buildings etc. Of course, I made a special effort to keep myself hydrated.

While this “adventure” was nice it nowhere near approached the 7.7 miles that I did on my 77th birthday. That was epic.

My entertainment event for tonight is something that can only be classified as strange ... 



8:00==>IN MASKS OUTRAGEOUS AND AUSTERE by Tennessee Williams. “The world’s wealthiest woman, her gay husband, and his young lover enter a disorienting mystery world where they are held captive by omnipotent corporate forces. (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This is his last full-length play and has drawn basically WTF???? reviews. This is also the responses from those of my theater-nut friends who have seen the show.

I am seeing it for the staging and special effects. The running time is 2:45, with an intermission.

Totally enjoyed last night’s Broadway show SEMINAR on my second visit. New cast members Jeff Goldblum and Justin Long are excellent, especially Justin. The show still gets an A.

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: