Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Back To Work Day

Sorry all of my Worker Bee friends out there in the morass known as cyberspace but it is==>Back To Work Monday<==so just settle back into your cubicles, wait-stations, cleaning-closets etc. etc.==>your weekend is over.


And, of course, the weather today in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, is absolutely 100% wonderful==>82ยบ @ 4:00pm and the rest of the week is forecast for about the same.


This being a Monday, it is Billi Pod’s usual errands and stuff day, explaining why this posting is a bit late ... yeah ... I know ... but I am confident you loyal and faithful reader were growing concerned.


When most of the usual stuff was over I decided I would make a quick trip to the grocery store located across the street and down the block to pick up just a “few things” like, milk and orange juice.


Well, $91, 40 pounds and 6 bags later, this is what I lugged back to PHC. It seems like I always do this ... go out for just a few items and end up huffing and puffing a shit-load of stuff back to the apartment, promising myself, of course ... “SELF - I promise you I won’t ever do this again.”


Do I keep my promise to SELF? Of course not. Seriously, this is one of the few things that I do need to change in my lifestyle because it just isn’t “smart” to have a soon-to-be 78yr old body carrying all of this stuff down crowded sidewalks full of clueless tourists and crossing streets jammed with buses and cars with basically pissed-off drivers.


Why am I writing about this now? I really don’t know ... so let's move on to ...

Had a great time last night at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, as The Bombers bombed The Angels 11-5. The weather was terrific.


Ivan Nova had only a so-so outing, lasting only 6 innings, giving up 4 runs on 8 hits. The big factor in the game was the long-ball. Early on, Jeter blasted a 3-run homer that set the tone for the game. All of the players wore the number 42 in celebration of Jackie Robinson Day.


Timmy Tebow was at the game and when his image appeared on the large screen in Center Field he received a typical Bronx cheer, lotta boos. Sorry Timmy, but this is a tough town.


Really really like my new seat location. Everyone around me last night was different from opening day and I have a feeling this is how it is going to play out. Seated to my immediate left were two guys in their mid-20s who have, for the first time, a season ticket package - the 16-game package. They were really charged. We had a very nice running conversation. One guy works for a Mercedes Benz dealership in New Jersey and the other for UPS in Pennsylvania.


Went over to my old location but none of my former seatmates were there. WTF??


Even though we had the game pretty much under control, Billi Pod stayed until the final out. As I had anticipated the subway service was pretty slow so it was 12:30am when I finally got back to PHC.


Tonight’s entertainment event is a Broadway show in previews ...

8:00==>LEAP OF FAITH - “Raul Esparza stars as Jonas Nightingale, an itinerant Holy Roller and con man, who gets stung by the law and a small-town girl in Kansas.” (Broadway - complimentary ticket).


The buzz about this show has been very very mixed, so we will see ...


Oh, I am happy to report that PETER AND THE STARCATCHER opened to generally favorable reviews. As complied by one of the chatboard posters==>"How did the reviewers take to the whimsical story telling? Quite well. Of the fifteen reviews below, ten are positive, while 5 are mixed or negative.”


It is difficult for me to believe that one week from today I will be 78 years old. Wow!! Tomorrow I will post what I have planned for this auspicious occasion.


And speaking of auspicious occasions==>a major one is about to occur in the very very near future - that’s all I can say.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-242

No comments: