Saturday, April 28, 2012

Billi Pod Says==>Friday Was EPIC!!

 Yes, my loyal and faithful readers ... in my humble opinion there is no other way to describe yesterday in Billi Pod’s World==>EPIC!! In every way, shape, manner and form it was, I humbly submit==>EPIC!!

But, of course ... I only report ... you decided ... so let me detail how things happened yesterday so you can make your decision ...

First==>of course, was oldest grandson Alex Falletta’s aka Army Guy safe return to Columbia, SC, to rejoin his wife Gina and their darling little Saylor. This occurred around 8:45am.

Then==>sometime around 10:30am, from my 41st floor window, I had an unobstructed view of the Space Shuttle Enterprise, on the Boeing 747, flying South over the Hudson River. Unfortunately I didn’t have my iPhone in hand to take a picture. It was awesome.

 Then==>around 12:15am, at the intersection of 42nd and 10th Avenue, I connected with Dian Crystal and her posse of Marty Kosarik and Vera Olichney, for my “Birthday Celebration Walk.” 

We walked North up 10th Avenue. It was very windy and a bit chilly. At 72nd Street Marty left us. We continued up to 78th Street (get the connection ... my 78th birthday was on Monday) and then  over to Columbus Avenue where we had an awesome lunch at The Ocean Grille. The food, presentation and service was stellar.

After lunch Dian, Vera and I walked South back to 42nd Street, for a total distance of approximately 4.O miles. Dian and Vera continued their walk downtown.

Then==>my entertainment event for the evening was EVOLUTION, a one-woman show that juxtaposes the evolution of whales with the story of a modern woman’s self-transformation==>B+.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting I have to say that I have no clue what the play was about, but the performance by Patricia Buckley, who plays four roles, and the special effects and staging was awesome.

Then==>I made it back to PHC in time to catch the final inning of the YANKEES/DETROIT game, with the Yankees getting a highly unlikely 7-6 win in the bottom of the 9th with a walk, wild-pitch and then a passed-ball bringing in the winning run.

So, my loyal and faithful readers out there in the morass known as cyberspace, I hope you will agree that yesterday was==>EPIC<==but ... it is up to you, because ...

I report ... you decide.

Moving on ... I gotta ask ... where the f**k did Summer go in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In the World? I mean ... it was down to 39º @ 8:00am this morning and the wind is gusting. At 11:45am it is only 47º. WTF!!!

Which leads me to today’s entertainment event ... which is ... tada ...



4:05==>YANKEES/DETROIT @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built.


The forecast for the first pitch is 57º but it will feel a lot colder than that with the wind swirling around the stadium. Trust me ... I will dress warmly.

Freddie Garcia will be on the mound for The Bronx Bombers. He really needs a good outing if he has any chance whatsoever of remaining in the starting rotation.

Speaking of starting rotation ... thus far they have been lackluster at best, including our ace CC Sabathia. Everyone is anxiously awaiting the return of Andy Pettitte. Yes, I know that it is very early in the season but our starting rotation was supposed to one of our strongest points and it hasn’t worked out that way so far ... jus sayin’.

Anyway ... 

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: