Thursday, April 26, 2012

It Is Confession Time!!

 Yes, my loyal and faithful readers ... it is Confession Time==>last night I gave away my ticket to the Tennessee Williams play IN MASKS OUTRAGEOUS AND AUSTERE and stayed in to watch the final game of the YANKEES/RANGERS series.

Yep, that’s right ... Billi Pod stayed in to watch a baseball game. I truly don’t think it was in anyway related to my 78 Block Birthday Walk earlier in the day but more related to the fact that I really didn’t want to see this particular show.

Luckily, I connected with a theater-nut buddy who did want to see it so I forwarded my ticket confirmation to him. Guess what ... he later said he thought the show was awful and that he fled at intermission, with “hordes of others” (his words, not mine).

Anyway ... with the Man Upstairs sometimes things don’t work out as you planned because==>the Yankees sucked, losing 7-3 in a game they were never in, and losing the series 1-2. Barf!

It was hard game to watch because Phil Hughes had another short-lived performance, going only 2 2/3rds innings, giving up 4 runs on 5 hits.

At least Jeter’s bat remains hot, going 2 for 4, with a batting average of .420.

Oh well ... moving on ... 

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...



8:00==>ORATORIO SOCIETY OF NEW YORK @ Carnegie Hall - “The program is: Filas’s Song of Solomon and Dvorak’s Stabat Mater.” (complimentary ticket)

Of course, I have no clue where my comp. seat will be but it really doesn’t matter that much in Carnegie Hall because the acoustics in there are just awesome.

Late tomorrow morning I am meeting up with Dian Crystal and her posse, Marty and Vera, who will be coming up to Midtown from downtown, via The Highline. We will then walk up 10th Avenue to 78th Street (get the “connection?”) where they will treat me to a birthday luncheon. How nice. Looking forward to it.

Something EPIC is about to happen. I can’t share any details until it occurs ... but it is indeed EPIC ... so stay tuned.

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: