Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Billi Pod Has Another Wednesday Doubleheader.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers, now that I have given you the benefit of the entertainment stats posting for March 2012, I will follow up with a much briefer posting about current events ...


Had a great time last night with John Scott Reed in his East Village ‘hood. We had some awesome pizza @ Motorino, 349 E. 12th St. Folks, I love pizza and I have to say that this was some of the best I have ever had ... not joking ... the best ... ever!!


Check it out. Their website is ...


http://motorinopizza.com/


Scott and I did some major catching up on the diverse things and stuff in our respective lives. He has a lot going on and, I guess, so do I.

Today is a major entertainment doubleheader. First is ...


2:30==>A MOON FOR THE MISBEGOTTEN - “In Eugene O’Neill’s bittersweet elegy, two wounded hearts experience the power of redemption and the saving grace of love.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


After I booked this show I remembered that it is a typical O’Neill work, meaning it is long long long:


Act 1: 60 minutes

Act 2: 40 minutes

Act 3: 1 hour, 15 minutes

There will be two, ten-minute intermissions.


It is scheduled to get out at 5:50pm so I will then have to hustle over to Midtown East to the York Theatre to see the second part of the doubleheader, assuming I am still alive, of course ...


7:00==>STORY BY STORY: A Conversation with Tom Jones - “A York Theatre special event featuring Tom Jones and Artistic Director James Morgan in a discussion about Jones’ historic career in the theater.” (free subscriber reward ticket)


For a theater-nut like moi this is a must-see and I am looking forward to it.


So there you have it my loyal and faithful readers ... oh ... forgot ... something else ...


The countdown to Friday’s Opening Day Yankees/Tampa Bay game down in Tampa has begun in Billi Pod’s head. He is more than ready for the 2012 season to begin.


GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-230

No comments: