Friday, April 13, 2012

Home Opener Is Finally Here!!

IT IS FINALLY HERE==>Opening Day at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, against the LA ANGELS @ 1:05pm. The weather forecast is for sunny skies and 61ยบ.


Newcomer Hiroki Kuroda will be on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. Ervin Santana.


I will be there, of course, in my new overhang protected seat in section 228, Main Level, on the 3rd base side, halfway between 3rd base and the left field wall. It is the same basic location as my old seat only on the opposite side of the stadium.


Yes ... I have to admit to feeling a bit apprehensive about the new seat location because I liked where I had been, except for the exposure to the elements, which was really a problem for most of last season. I know that I will miss my old seat mates.


Please Almighty GeorgeS On High ... let my new seat mates be cool and don’t let there be Jobba the Hut seated next to or in front of me ... PLEEZE!!

I will head out to the stadium @ 11:00am, a bit early, so I can get acclimated to my new location, visit my former seat mates and then watch the Opening Day Ceremony which begins at 12:45.


Recently retired Yankee catcher Jorge Posada will throw out the ceremonial first pitch and I know he will receive a roaring standing ovation, as well he should.


Billi Pod is mega-charged==>GO YANKEES!!


Moving on ... I guess ...


Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s MOM - A ROCK CONCERT MUSICAL, about five suburban moms who start up a band just for laughs and inadvertently become a phenomenon==>B+.


It was a bit slow getting started but ended up as a totally enjoyable experience. It is extremely well-performed.


Seated next to me was a young man whose girlfriend is in the show. His excitement was palatable. We had a nice conversation before and after the show.


The show is definitely worth seeing.


Damn - it is only 9:00am - have been up since 7:00am - clock has stopped moving - I am ready for the f**king game - will post this and then spend the next two hours walking around PHC sucking my thumb and looking at the clock.


GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-239

No comments: