Monday, August 30, 2010

A New Week Begins in The Big Apple

Hello my loyal and faithful readers. It is yet another beautiful summer day in The Greatest City in the World. The humidity is tolerable and the forecast is for a high of 92ยบ.


Looking forward - I hope and pray that Hurricane Danielle doesn’t cause any problems for my upcoming trip down to Columbia, SC. With the Norris Travel Curse you never know.


I am glad that the weather is good because today is Billi Pod’s usual errands day and I need to be out and about doing things and stuff.


I am so very very happy to report that my dear friend David Huddleston aka The Big Lebowski was released from Cleveland Hospital yesterday, and assuming things go well today and tomorrow, he and his wife Sarah Koeppe (who is entitled to sainthood, in my humble opinion) will head home to Santa Fe, NM, on Wednesday, thus ending an ordeal that began on August 14th. Whew!!



As most of you know, Billi Pod isn’t a TV watcher, outside of news, sports and Comedy Central. This was really brought home to me as I reviewed the results of last night’s Emmy Awards. Did I watch the show - of course f**king not. What am I talking about you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, there were 31 categories and out of those categories Billi Pod had not seen a single, repeat, single, episode represented by 28 of the them. Let me repeat that - never ever ever ever seen, not once. The only categories that I had watched/seen were:


Variety, Music or Comedy Series: "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart," Comedy Central;


Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Betty White, "Saturday Night Live;" and,


Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Special: "63rd Annual Tony Awards," CBS.


As I said, Billi Pod is not a TV person - I rest my case.


Report card on THE AUDITION-->not bad. It was only about 50 minutes in length but it was funny and very well performed by the large cast of teenagers. I think I was the only person in the audience who didn’t have either a friend and/or family member in the cast.


Before the show I watched the Yankees/White Sox game, which was a very exciting 2-1 win behind excellent pitching by rookie Ivan Nova and the bullpen.


For the evening I settled in and watched sports, alternating between the Rays/FuckSox game, which the Rays won 5-3, and the Steelers/Broncos game in order to see rookie quarterback Tim Tebow (you do remember him, I hope). Timmy had a pretty good game during his limited time on the field.


Tonight-7:05-->Yankees/Oakland.


In closing - the 2010 U. S. OPEN TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIP begins today at Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing and-->WHO THE F**K CARES????? Not Billi Pod, that is for sure. Whatever ....


GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

BMS-59

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good article it' s really clear, i will try it! Very good article and blog, poker is good to !