Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ahhhhhh--> Sun In The Big Apple

Praise the Lord-->it is a beautiful typical late summer day in The Big Apple and, yes, there is actually a visible sun. How nice. Perhaps the next several days will make up for the barfy weather we had for the past 5 days in The Greatest City in The World.

Well, time to stop dwelling on things over which I have no control and ... but wait ... I do have to mention that yesterday was truly one of the nastiest days of the year. It lightly rained almost all of the day, but thankfully, it quit just as I was ready to head uptown to meet up with Gisela Cardonne-Ely et al.

I had a great time with Gisela, Ron Hedges and their friends at P. J. Clarke’s, a very “in” watering-hole/restaurant directly across the street from Lincoln Center.

After dinner I walked back to PHC while listening to the end of the Yankees/Toronto game, which the Yankees lost because Phil Hughes sucked. Oh well-->they remain tied with The Rays, who also lost.

The Yankees are in Chicago for a 3 game series with The White Sox and there is a lot of buzz about the possibility that next year Yankee Manager Joe Girardi will replace the recently retired Lou Piniella, as Manager of The Chicago Cubs. Girardi is from The Windy City and still has family there. Will it happen? Of course I don’t know, but my gut tells me it might-->time will tell.

Tonight’s entertainment event for Billi Pod is-8:00-->DEN OF THIEVES-“In this ba-da-bing mob comedy four unslick crooks learn stealing from mobsters leads to its own moral dilemma.” This Off-Broadway show received a very good review in today’s New York Times.

Oh, in closing-->the closing (pun intended) for Bill III’s new house in Orlando is scheduled for this afternoon. Hopefully all will go as planned. Will keep my fingers crossed until I get the highly anticipated confirmation call from him.

Think I will head over to The Hudson River Park and just wander for a couple of hours.

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”
BMS-63

No comments: