Friday, August 6, 2010

Another Doubleheader for Billi Pod

It is hot and very humid in The Big Apple this Friday morning, the beginning of a very interesting weekend.


Yesterday I finally got around to seeing DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS, starring Steve Carell and Paul Rudd, and-->it was every bit as funny as I hoped it would be. If you are in the mood for some over-the-top humor-->see it<-->if not, don’t.


Today will be another doubleheader for Billi Pod, rather unusal for a Friday:


noon (the opening day)-->THE OTHER GUYS, starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg-“Two mismatched NYC detectives seize an opportunity to step up like the city’s top cops whom they idolize -- only things don’t quite go as planned.” Man, this is my kind of comedy (I hope, I hope, I hope).


7:05-->Yankees/Boston FuckSox-->The FuckSox have been riddled with injuries and, to quote a local paper: “YANKS CAN PUT SOX IN PINE BOX-Look to make battered Boston has-Beans.” Oh yeah ...


Yes indeed, a very interesting day.


GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

BMS#83

No comments: