Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Beautiful Saturday in The Big Apple

Good Saturday morning my loyal and faithful readers. It is another beautiful day in The Big Apple and shortly after posting this I will head out to wander a bit, like I did yesterday.


Yesterday afternoon I left PHC, located on 42nd Street between 9th and 10th Aves, as most of you know, and walked North up 9th Ave. to 57th Street. When I got to 57th St. I walked West two long blocks to 11th Ave and then walked South on 11th back to 42nd St. and then over to PHC. During the entire walk there was a nice breeze and it really felt great. The total distance was about 2 miles.


Baseball-->The Yankees got their butts kicked by The White Sox in Chicago last night and, guess what-->AJ BURNETT SUCKED AGAIN! Man, I am beginning to get a very uneasy feeling in my gut about the whole starting rotation with the exception of CC. The Yankees remain tied with The Rays and the FuckSox are definitely not out of the race, not by a long shot.


For the remainder of the season the Yankees have 7 games against The Rays and 6 games against the FuckSox, ending the season with 3 games in that fetid cesspool known as Fenway Park. Gonna be mighty interesting.


Billi Pod’s report card on COME FLY AWAY-->very enjoyable. My TDF ticket was in the orchestra, row P, house left. Excellent. There is no dialogue in the show, just a series of Twyla Tharp choreographed dance pieces, by an incredibly talented troupe, performed as Sinatra sings, accompanied by a live orchestra. The concept is unique, to say the least. I am glad I finally got around to seeing it.


Billi Pod’s entertainment schedule for today-3:00-->WITH GLEE, the highly successful and well-reviewed musical comedy about “troubled” male teens in a boarding school. I really like this show - seen it twice before. It is closing, unfortunately, this Sunday, so I just had to see it one more time.


Tonight will either catch a movie or stay in and watch the Yankee/White Sox game.


GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: