Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday - Happy Birthday John Scott Reed!!!

A big shout-out to student/General Manager John Scott Reed, of Chelsea, who is celebrating his 24th birthday today with an awesome evening cruise aboard The Manhattan Yacht Club’s “Honorable William Wall” floating club house. Have a great time Fabson.


Your friends and family are proud of what you have accomplished in this difficult world known as The Big Apple. Congrats!!








Gosh, what a flood of memories this has brought about. Won’t bore you with them other to say that at age 24 Billi Pod (not known as that back then, of course) was a Junior at The University of Florida, pursing a degree in Industrial Management and just beginning to get involved in fraternity (Kappa Alpha Order) and campus activities. Wow! And, yes, we did have running water and indoor plumbing way back in 1958.


I also what to give another shout-out to my son Bill aka Billy Boy aka The Bill, of Orlando, on finally closing on the purchase of his new house. We both are soooooooooooo happy that this grueling process is now complete so he can begin the equally grueling process of moving. Hooray!!


Ok, now back to Billi Pod’s world of nonstop entertainment.


First a report card on last night’s DEN OF THIEVES-->excellent<--and I understand why it received such a good review in The NY Times. The cast did a terrific job with very difficult material and it was very funny. Too bad it is closing this weekend.





Tonight I am finally getting around to seeing the Broadway show-->COME FLY AWAY, Twyla Tharp’s Frank Sinatra-scored dance musical. It has been on my to-see list since it’s opening but I just kept letting other shows slide in front of it. Most of my theater friends liked it, so when I read about next week’s closing date, I knew it was a “now-or-never” situation, so Billi Pod chose “now.”


Oh, I should also report that the weather in The Big Apple for the next week is supposed to be great. I hope so since I have Yankee games scheduled for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.


GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

BMS-62


No comments: