Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday - More Rain

Man, it is majorly nasty out this morning. It is raining and very very dreary looking. When I opened the front door at PHC this morning around 7:30 to get the 3 daily papers (NY Times; The Post; and The Daily News), nothing was there. Whoa - they are usually delivered around 6:30. I immediately checked my email because the delivery service usually sends an email if there are delivery problems. Nothing. Not a good way to begin a nasty day.

Went downstairs to the front desk just to make sure that the papers weren’t left there by mistake - nope - nada. Came back upstairs and looked up the customer service numbers for each of the papers. Just before I began the first call I heard “thunk - thunk - thunk” outside the door. Ah yes, it was 8:00 and they had finally been delivered. Whew and triple whew.

Yeah, I know - why am I taking all of this time to write about newspaper deliveries? Because, butt-hole, it is a nasty, rainy, ugly, dreary, sucky day out and will be for the remainder of the day/evening, if the forecasts are correct, meaning I will need the papers and the crosswords. It will be the kinda day that makes you think about cleaning out your sock drawer -- ahhhhhhhhh -- no ain’t gonna do that ...

Anyway, Billi Pod wants to give a report card on last night’s IT MUST BE HIM-->A<--I really enjoyed this show about a former whiz-kid comedy writer who finds himself broke, lonely and on the wrong side of middle age. It is very funny, meaning I laughed a lot. The stellar cast, headed by Peter Sculari, is outstanding. I highly recommend this show. I believe last night was its first preview performance.

Last night the Yankee bats came alive and they hit 5 home-runs and beat up on Toronto, winning 11-5. Unfortunately, all of the bat-power happened while I was at the theater, although I did get to watch the final 3 innings.

Tonight I am meeting up with my dear friend Dade County Circuit Judge Gisela Cardonne-Ely, of Miami, who is in town for several days. I will join Gisela and friends for dinner at P. J. Clarke’s located in the Lincoln Center area. Really looking forward to it.

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”
BMS-64

No comments: