Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunday Was An Awesome Day for Billi Pod!

Yesterday’s Old-Timer’s Day festivities followed by the YANKEES/ROCKIES game, won by The Bronx Bombers 6-4, resulted in an awesome Sunday. I am sorry, however, that I missed The Gay Pride Parade.


In Saturday’s posting I made reference to how much the Family Law attorneys in the City were pleased about the passage of the gay-marriage legislation. I did get a couple of ... ahem ... kinda disdainful (when is the last time you saw that word?) emails ... well ... I will share with you the following headlines in today’s papers:


“We do see altar-ed biz, say jubilant divorce lawyers” - Daily News


“Divorce lawyers cheering, too” - NY Post


Remember ... I only report - you decide!


Anyway ... tonight’s entertainment events are ...


8:00==>NEW ENGLAND SYMPHONIC ENSEMBLE AND CHORUS @ Alice Tully Hall - works by Clausen and Mozart and others. (complimentary ticket)


and ...

8:00==>THE FLORIDA GATORS vs. SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS, in Game 1 of the Championship Series of The College World Series in Omaha, NEB. (ESPN)


Yes, there is a conflict. When I scheduled the concert I, of course, didn’t know that the Gators would advance to the Championship game. Here’s the problem ...


My ticket to the concert is complimentary, from one of my ticket services, meaning ... if I fail to pick it up I could be expelled from the service. I can’t give it away because the Alice Tully Box Office (usually a bunch of a-holes) requires a photo ID, and ... they usually don’t make comp. seats available until 15 minutes before the event starts.


Add to the “situation” - this is a concert I really looked forward to attending and ... I don’t think the game is going to be on any of the local radio stations. What if the game is rained out? Damn!!!


To magnify the problem even more, I have events scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday - a New York Philharmonic concert and a Yankee baseball game.


On this happy note I will post this and then begin doing Monday’s chores and errands.


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: