Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Blizzard of 2015


Tuesday==>Your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In the World, woke up at 7:00am this morning to discover that the projected “Blizzard of History” had not lived up to expectations/forecasts.

Yes, there had been snow overnight and the temperature was freezing cold, 22º, wind chill , but the snow accumulation was not nearly as heavy as anticipated and that, my friends, was excellent.

The outer boroughs and Long Island, however, took major hits.

Last night the Mayor and the Governor basically shut down the City by closing all of the streets to non-emergency vehicular traffic and shutting down mass transit. At midnight the City looked like a ghost town ... it was really eerie and that is putting it mildly.

These two pictures were taken at 7:30am this morning. 

The first one is from the 41st floor of my apartment building looking down on the intersection of West 42nd Street and 9th Avenue.
This one is from the entrance to my apartment building looking East on 42nd Street.
After I posted on my Facebook Timeline I went back to bed and didn’t get up until noon.

At noon it is overcast but no snow. It is still cold ... 26º, wind chill down to 15º.

My planned entertainment event for tonight was canceled yesterday, including dinner at Meske with my friends Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Whatever. That is a bummer.

On a very positive note ... in mid afternoon I am meeting  John Scott Reed aka Fabson for a late lunch at The Theatre Row Diner, located just steps away from my building. Nice!!

My scheduled events for Wednesday and Thursday will go on as scheduled.

Before the snow began yesterday I braved the elements to go downtown to the Union Square area to pick up a birthday present. The walking to and from the subway stations and my in-apartment walking resulted in an excellent walking day==>4.35 miles, about the only really positive thing for the day.

STAY WARM EVERYONE IN THE TRI-STATE AREA.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.35 miles (or, 9,516 steps per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>106.21 miles (average 4.09 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: