Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New York Philharmonic Concert - The Theory of Everything


Wednesday==>Sorry about the delay in today’s posting. Your favorite blogger has no reasonable excuse ... he just was slow getting started this morning even though he woke up and got up at the usual 8:30am. Oh well ...

As I am now in front of this ‘puter working on this posting it is 1:30pm and it is still cold out. Yeah ... it is 30º, with wind chill it is down to 20º. Man, am I tired of the cold weather and Winter has barely begun here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

We will move on with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s classical music concert at Lincoln Center ...

NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program was:

Nielson - Clarinet Concerto (performed by Anthony McGill);
Ravel - “Valses Nobels et Sentimentales;” and,
Tchaikovsky - selections from “Swan Lake.” 

I am happy to report that it was a wonderful evening. 

Anthony McGill’s performance of Nielson’s Clarinet Concerto was excellent and, of course, it brought back memories of high school when I was First Chair Clarinet in the Summerlin Institute band, way back when.

As good as McGill was, for me the highlight of the evening was the selections from “Swan Lake” as the orchestra produced a stellar rendition of the Tchaikovsky classic.

The audience agreed with me as we gave the orchestra a roaring ovation.

I was seated next to my friends, attorneys Alan and Irene Warshauer, and that was nice because we were able to do some much needed catching-up.

Yep ... I left Avery Fisher Hall with a big smile on my face because this was just what Billi Pod needed/wanted for the evening.

Moving on for this evening ...

Well, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, I have to advise you loyal and faithful readers and followers that I just canceled the Off Broadway show I had scheduled for this evening. I did this because the location of the theatre would have exposed me to the elements for too long. It just wasn’t worth it.

Yeah ... I know ... totally wimpy ... but it was what I did. I also have to admit that this Winter I am finding myself far less willing to brave the elements when I have the option to go or to stay.

Anyway ... for the evening my current plans are to walk the block and a half to the AMC movie house on West 42nd Street to see ...

7:55==>THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING - “A look at the relationship between the famous physicist Stephen Hawking and his wife, his diagnosis of motor neuron disease, and his success in physics.”

This show has won multiple awards and should receive several nominations in the upcoming Oscar's.

So ... you are now up-to-date ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.53  miles (or, 9,903 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>52.93 miles (average 4.07 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: