Monday, January 5, 2015

December Entertainment Stats - A Boring Sunday - Dian & Marty


Monday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, let’s get today’s posting started with something of interest ... that being your favorite blogger’s entertainment stats for the month of December ... here we go ...

In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries, but then, you know that by now, don’t you?) I find that during the month of December 2014 Billi Pod attended/saw/did the following:

1 Broadway show (a return visit to Love Letters, this time with Alan Alda and Candice Bergen); 13 Off Broadway shows; and, 5 classical music concerts, including The New York Philharmonic’s New Year’s Eve Gala.

The highlight of the month was, of course, spending Christmas down in Orlando, FL, with my son Bill III aka The Bill, including dinner with his friends Renzy Hanshaw, Kenny Baboolal and Ken Hall and then dinner and present exchanges the day after Christmas with my grandson Alex Falletta, his wife Gina and my two darling great-granddaughters Saylor and Finley. I regret that my daughter Kathi Bendeck and her husband Dr. John, of Columbia, SC, were unable to join us.

And, of course, grandson Chris Falletta was deeply missed by everyone.

Another highlight was spending time with my dear friends Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosark aka Whatever and my AA buddies (you know who you are).

Unfortunately, scheduling conflicts etc. kept Scott Reed aka Fabson and me apart for the entire month. Hopefully, 2015 will be better in this regard.

During the month I posted daily on my Facebook Timeline and 27 times on my blog, which had 12,355 page views during the month. This brought the total page views for the little over 3 years the website has been keeping track to an amazing 174,570 page views (remember, the site does not record the number of times I visit it). WOW!!

I walked 119.67 miles, for an average of 3.86 miles per day, as recorded on my WeightWatchers Pedometer. As you know, your favorite blogger has never been in, nor does he need to be in, the WeightWatchers program. At midnight on 12/31/14 his weight was 157 lbs. 

I stayed in the warm and cozy confines of PHC a total of 9 days/nights without attending some entertainment event, totally the result of cold nasty weather, college football and a head cold. I did, however, record 2 entertainment doubleheaders during the month.

So, there you have it my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... IMHO ... not bad for an 80+yr. old guy ... but then ...

I report - you decide.

Moving on ...

Yesterday turned out to be pretty much a blah and boring day for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

In yesterday’s posting I mentioned the possibility of going to a movie. Well, I decided that this was what I wanted to do, so at 3:30pm I headed out to the AMC 25 theater on West 42nd Street to see the 4:00pm showing of the well-reviewed comedy “Birdman,” starring Michael Keaton, Zach Galifianakis and Edward Norton.

When I got to the lobby area it was jam-packed. I stood in line for one of the working ticket-buying thingys ... and, when I tried to buy a ticket it said that the 4:00pm show was sold-out. Dammit-to-Hell. There was nothing else available in this time frame that I wanted to see.

Oh well ... I went to the Modell’s store next to the theatre and bought two packages of socks, black and white, and came back to the apartment. I then discovered that I had gotten the wrong size ... WTF?

Immediately went back to the store and was able to make an exchange without any problems.

The remainder of the afternoon/evening was spent watching pro-football involving teams I could care less about.

Why am I giving you loyal and faithful readers and followers all of this boring info? Well ... I need to show you what a boring day it was for your favorite blogger

Anyway ... for those of you who are still with me ...

We will move on to today, which will be Billi Pod’s usual errands and chores day. Then ... for the evening ... 

At 8:00pm I am meeting Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Whatever for a long overdue dinner at Intermezzo, a trendy Italian restaurant at 202 8th Avenue in the Chelsea area.

It has been awhile since the three of us have been together ... so ... we have a lot of catching-up to do and I am really looking forward to being with them.

Time to post this and then begin work on my errands and chores list.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.16  miles (or, 9,096 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>29.74 miles (average 4.25 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>13.61 miles (average 3.40 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: