Thursday, January 22, 2015

DeflateGate - Budapest Festival Orchestra - No One Loves Us Here



Thursday==>You know, just when you think the local papers can’t get any slimier in their coverage of DeflateGate, the following appears on the front page of today’s NY Post ...

It is a full-page photograph of Patriots QB Tom Brady and his wife Gisele Bundchen and superimposed on it is this, coming out of Gisele’s mouth==>TOMMY, WHY DID YOUR BALLS GO SOFT?

Unfortunately, the Post’s website has blocked downloads of this journalistic travesty, so this is the best your favorite blogger can do for you loyal and faithful readers and followers.

I am already getting tired of this ... so ... let’s move on to something much more positive ... and that is ...

Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s concert at Lincoln Center ...

BUDAPEST FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program was:

Mozart - Overture to Die Zauberflöte;
Mozart - Violin Concerto No. 5 “Turkish” (performed by Pinchas Zukerman); and,
Brahms - Symphony No. 1

Folks, this was a totally enjoyable evening’s entertainment.

My TDF ticket was excellent, in the orchestra, row X, house right. 

I have to admit that the Violin Concerto didn’t blow me away. It was acceptable but not goose-bump inducing as I had anticipated it would be.

But ... Brahms Symphony No. 1 was beautifully performed, goose-bump inducing and received a roaring standing ovation from the audience. Just what I wanted/needed.

As an encore the orchestra put down their instruments and got together as a chorus and then sang a song written by Brahms (I couldn’t understand the name). The audience was totally taken by surprise. The performers got another roaring standing ovation. I failed to report that this is  what the orchestra did at the conclusion of the January 18th concert.

Yeah ... this was just what I was in the mood for and I left Avery Fisher Hall with a big smile on my face.

Moving on to tonight ...

Billi Pod’s entertainment event for the evening is an Off Broadway show ...

8:00==>NO ONE LOVES US HERE - “Washington, a young Native American, is invited to stay in the Beaumont's guest house. The couple, both unhappy in their marriage, use him to help them escape their unhappiness. When Washington begins to fall in love with Mrs. Beaumont, his manipulative actions pits family member against family member, leading to a bloodbath.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

I have a feeling this is going to fall into the "loved-it or hated-it category" because it is billed as a “dark-comedy,” which are usually more dark than comedic. We will see.

It is playing at Urban Stages on West 30th Street, has a running time of 1:25, without intermission, and runs through February 7th.

Moving on ...

As some of you loyal and faithful readers and followers will remember ... back on January 14th I canceled my reservation to a show called “Ham” because of the bad weather. I just didn't want to be exposed to the elements.

Yesterday it showed up on one of my ticket services for 2:00pm this coming Saturday, so I immediately rebooked it. Guess what ... today the weather forecast for Saturday afternoon is rain and snow ... WTF??

Oh, well ...

In closing==>S.L. Frisbie and I appreciate all of the favorable responses, texts, posts and emails regarding Wisdom at 74.

Oh, S.L. also reminded me that: “74 is just 47 spelled backwards.”

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.31  miles (or, 9,433 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>86.41 miles (average 4.12 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: